Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ChickenOrBeef

Post-Launch Content Strategy Revealed

archvile82 said:

Regarding Kotaku they have always written shit piece articles on Bethesda \ ID (prey 2 and doom development hell) so wouldn't surprise me if they made that click bait headline for doom beta to make their previous news pieces come across as justified. Maybe I am looking at this stuff to deep lol.

Still butthurt over gamergate, huh?

Those were some of the best articles in recent memory and were examples of actual journalism (as opposed to the marketing by another name that most gaming outlets do).

Some of the content was already in the beta (at least DM, I'm not sure about the combat shotgun).

TheGamePhilosophe said:

Those were some of the best articles in recent memory and were examples of actual journalism (as opposed to the marketing by another name that most gaming outlets do).

No lol, I don't know anything about gamergate. I just read articals about games I'm interested in hence why I mentioned doom and Bethesda pieces. I rarely visit the site to be honest.

it's a good thing the game allows for unlocking every feature in multiplayer with its built-in XP/leveling system by simply keeping on playing! :')

Almonds said:

it's a good thing the game allows for unlocking every feature in multiplayer with its built-in XP/leveling system by simply keeping on playing! :')

Partially correct, however the people saying the whole 'buy-to-unlock' argument are unfortunately correct. Bethesda/id have already announced THREE DLC packs before the game's release. This is definitely a case of 'pay to unlock'.

Why is it that people are so triggered by the >>MULTIPLAYER<< DLC? You do realize DOOM4 MP will only last a month at best? There's nothing to see here. Dedicated MP games with gigantic fanbases will eat this thing alive.

Touchdown said:

Why is it that people are so triggered by the >>MULTIPLAYER<< DLC? You do realize DOOM4 MP will only last a month at best? There's nothing to see here. Dedicated MP games with gigantic fanbases will eat this thing alive.

I like the multiplayer and I'm going to play it for more than 1 month and I don't want to be disadvantaged because of that DLC shit

Touchdown said:

Lol

TheGamePhilosophe said:

Kotaku is pure clickbait "journalism". Being part of the Gawker group says it all.

These articles you mentioned wouldn't have existed if not for the revenue potential. Also, they do a lot of shameless marketing as well, so no, they aren't different from most gaming outlets.

Whose fault will it be when the MP dies in a couple of months? Would it be id's, Bethesda's or would they share the blame?

creative affinity's.

Dragonfly said:

Partially correct, however the people saying the whole 'buy-to-unlock' argument are unfortunately correct. Bethesda/id have already announced THREE DLC packs before the game's release. This is definitely a case of 'pay to unlock'.

then again, what does it matter? ID has already confirmed all updates for snapmap will be completely free and the single player will be totally DLC-ridden, which leaves us with a totally functional game and modding capabilites, with a side of outsourced short-lived casual multiplayer with optional downloadable content which merely consists of a new map and a demon. hardly anything of vital importance to the base game

Glaice said:

Whose fault will it be when the MP dies in a couple of months? Would it be id's, Bethesda's or would they share the blame?

The community's for constantly being incredibly negative about everything and berating the game for practises that are basically standard in today's industry.

Doom64hunter said:

The community's for constantly being incredibly negative about everything and berating the game for practises that are basically standard in today's industry.

and because they're standard nowadays it means it's good!

Deatheye said:

and because they're standard nowadays it means it's good!

I'm sorry that I happen to be in the minority of players that's actually happy that the multiplayer will receive new maps to play on.
For me that certainly beats having no new content at all after the release.

Linguica said:

Are you suggesting these are related? That Kotaku is a piece of shit because they dared to report on the unannounced Fallout 4 / wrote about the canceled Doom 4 project?

On a related note, I've kind of wondered if Doomworld is blacklisted for our thread on the Doom 4 cutscene footage, or if it's just because no one at id / Bethesda cares about this tiny website.

Bethesda doesn't give a shit about fan sites.