Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
EduXYZ

Vaporwave

Just V A P O R W A V E

I think a good part (or a minimal of 30%) of this forum have the knowledge about this genre of music.

If you dont know this before you know now.

Sorry for my english.

I like that stuff that ComTruise or LazerHawk does. What's that called? I don't think that's vaporwave. I could be wrong. I called it Retrosynth. I dunno.

Clonehunter said:

I like that stuff that ComTruise or LazerHawk does. What's that called?

Chillwave\Synthwave

Com Truise is awesome.

Clonehunter said:

I like that stuff that ComTruise or LazerHawk does. What's that called? I don't think that's vaporwave. I could be wrong. I called it Retrosynth. I dunno.

Retrowave/Retrosynth/Synthwave/Outrun/I guess Com Truise is sorta Chillwave. All of those work. My favourite type of music, by the way. Very much looking forward to the next Perturbator album (this is more darksynth but hey it's still synthwave, plus darksynth kicks ass++). It's out in only a month, and I'm very excited.

Yah, Outrun was the other tag I've seen applied to it when I search it. Perturbator is pretty good stuff. This thread should be about that.

Clonehunter said:

Yah, Outrun was the other tag I've seen applied to it when I search it. Perturbator is pretty good stuff. This thread should be about that.

V A P O R W A V E Is love V A P O R W A V E Is life.

But Saint Pepsi isn't much more Future funk?

Spoiler

Back on topic:
Spoiler

(spoiler videos because i don't want to overhaul this post with videos)

Vaporwave reminds me of my carefree childhood. Also, I would be full of shit if I said that I don't enjoy "MACINTOSH PLUS - リサフランク420 / 現代のコンピュー" in spite of the fact that it's just a slowed-down Diana Ross song.

Stygian said:

Vaporwave reminds me of my carefree childhood. Also, I would be full of shit if I said that I don't enjoy "MACINTOSH PLUS - リサフランク420 / 現代のコンピュー" in spite of the fact that it's just a slowed-down Diana Ross song.

The original song it's too fast for me.

Sorry for my english.

On 4/7/2016 at 10:18 PM, HorrorMovieGuy said:

Read that as "Vaporware" for a second there, then I realised it was about music. I'm still pretty confused though.

I read it as vaporware, too. But for much longer than a second. >,< I'm also still pretty confused (maybe I'll read the rest of the thread).

EDIT: Yeah, no, still fully confused on this entire thread.

     

     

  

    

Edited by Jannak

This is my favorite Vaporwave album because it sums up what the genre is. Millennial 80's/90's nostalgia, with a dreadful undercurrent. It's incredibly unsettling, because the intermittent new reports and commercials were aired right before a significant event in the United States. I'm not going to spoil it, just listen and put the pieces together. 

On 4/7/2016 at 8:59 PM, PureSlime said:

i still dont know what vapourwave is

The idealization of the past from the future. Vaporwave is often confused with RetroWave though, which is the idealization of the future from the past