Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Xerge

Synthwave

The Uncanny Valley, plus a bonus seven track EP, is out now! I got up at 5am for this, and I am personally not disappointed in the slightest. I highly recommend supporting this one.

my Uncanny Valley CD book showed up the other day; Blood Music did a pretty good job. I like the size of the mini-comic included in the Dangerous Days CD boxset that Telefuture did more, but i takes what i can gets.

There's a Russian guy called GLWZBLL that does a more retro take of Synthwave (because he uses a legit 80s/early 90s synthsizer.

Songs that should be checked out by him are:
- Misha
- Medicine
- Fancy Way to Use the Butterfly Doors
- Chem Shift
- Classic Masked Robbery
- Classic Heist
- Payback

Here's a cool one I found earlier today. Already very fond of it!

Hopefully I'm not too horribly off the mark with these. They're definitely retro-inspired to a degree, but I don't know if I'd consider them "Synthwave" per se. The myriad of sub-genres within the realm of electronic music are a bit too much for my tiny brain to keep track of at times.

This just in: Tommy '86 has signed with the Blood Music label. Here's a track from Tommy's upcoming album, it's wicked cool.

AD_79 said:

This just in: Tommy '86 has signed with the Blood Music label. Here's a track from Tommy's upcoming album, it's wicked cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0I36_az0d0w

tommy is one of the artists i least expected to join up with blood music. he is turning into quite the varied producer.

Stumbled upon this yesterday. That second track in particular (starts at 1:46), hot damn

Carpenter Brut did a few tracks for an upcoming game called Furi. Listen to his track "You're Mine" here. I love it. It strongly reminds me of Turbo Killer with the constant fast pace and hyperactivity, except this one is almost twice the length :o

Majestic song, cringy picture. :P

Melancholic masterpiece.

And something that was released very recently, Waveshaper's - "Station Nova" is already one of my favorites in the genre...

Mike800 said:

This track is fantastic!
Can you recommend some synthwave and 80s tracks similar to this one?

Here's one for you. :)

and here's another one...

AD_79 said:

Carpenter Brut did a few tracks for an upcoming game called Furi. Listen to his track "You're Mine" here. I love it. It strongly reminds me of Turbo Killer with the constant fast pace and hyperactivity, except this one is almost twice the length :o

I'm aware of that game... but damn I didn't know the song was this goooodd... soooo brutal and facemelting!

Oh, and good call on Dance of the Dead - "Suede", Kmxexii!

DeathevokatioN said:

Majestic song, cringy picture. :P

Oh god, haha... good track though.

I've also been on a Dance With the Dead kick lately. Some of their tracks are pure heroin.

And more good stuff from the old man for good measure.

Mmm I love happening upon stuff and having it end up being fucking fantastic.

PureSlime said:

Something told me I'd see HOME in here. He makes really great music. He's also a renowned shitposter on Tumblr who I'm mutual followers with.

He's one of the best!

dew said:

I've also been on a Dance With the Dead kick lately. Some of their tracks are pure heroin.

Nice, I actually just looked up this thread again to bump it with a Dance with the Dead song, hehe... powerful stuff! I go on huge kicks of them when I'm designing techbases for Necromantic Thirst, there's a certain kind of atmosphere I feel I can only "hit" when I'm listening to them. :P