Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Xerge

Synthwave

walter confalonieri said:

naziwave

The purest Aryan beats traced back to the brightest MCs of the Reich science!

To be honest, synthwave indeed seems to be predominantly white music, but more in the sense of polo shirts or ice hockey - other cultures just go "white people" and roll their eyes. Metal used to be in that shelf and it took decades of popularization to change that. Turning it into a white pride thing is hilarious and kind of ironic, considering that the beginnings of the synth resurgence are tied to some pretty culturally compromised anime nerds. But when you're in that kind of crowd, I guess you just gotta look for any banners to rally behind. Maybe the next callsign of the altright could be white socks in sandals!

This is a bit of a weird one, as I wouldn't really describe it as 'synthwave'; it's more or less metal that substitutes guitars with synthesizers. It's pretty neat though :o

AD_79 said:

i was waiting for these. "Cosmo Black" is fucking ace space synth. the other two EPs are lush, beautiful outrun. i wish Starforce would collect their singles too, i played the shit out of a collection of their non-album stuff back when i first got into synthwave like four years ago.

I think at this point I'm pretty sure I want to get a synthwave-inspired soundtrack for the game I'm developing. Ever since I've been exposed to Power Glove, I've been listening to synthwave artists non-stop.

AD_79 said:

https://surgeryhead.bandcamp.com/album/beyonna-nuit

New SurgeryHead release! Been waiting for this one for a while now. It's important to note that SH goes hard at times; fans of GosT should enjoy it : )

My personal favourites on here would have to be "Hunt" and "Demanufacture".

Dayum. I have to be honest and break the synthwave rank here, I keep going back to The Colony. I did not expect the track going full retard breakcore, this is outrageous and by this I mean my erection.

kmxexii said:

the new lazerhawk album is out

time to groove

Sweet! Gotta love Lazerhawk, they're the king of the streets!

(edit: very cool stuff so far! Very groovin and chillax, track 6 Hypnic sounds the most like classic synthwave we post in this thread so far. But I love the experimentation/different flavors, keeping it fresh. Sounds very different from his other albums to me.

My fav artist in the scene, tied with Kavinsky)

There is never enough darksynth. Here's "Sigils" by Vulta, which I happened to find today after it being released five days ago. Available at 'name your price' :)

And damn, look at that album art:

Spoiler

kmxexii said:

the new lazerhawk album is out

time to groove

Oh yes. I've listened to the entire thing at least eight times already. It's wonderful, and very meditative and dream-like, which perfectly fits the album-title. Or I guess it should be the other way around. :)

AD_79 said:

There is never enough darksynth. Here's "Sigils" by Vulta, which I happened to find today after it being released five days ago. Available at 'name your price' :)

And damn, look at that album art:

Started hearing now and i already love it!
Also that album art reminds me a lot of Strife...

DRL 3.33 said:

I was curious and searched "vocaloid synthwave" on YouTube and I found this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tylsg9voc14

I quite like it.

Agree, it's pretty cool!
Also, when i see that i've checked out other weeb stuff i follow, and...

Touhou Synthwave: