Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Outrageous Videos

Doom 4 DLC

If they want to make DLC, at the very least make it cheap. I don't want to spend $20 for a few new maps and 3 new demons.

NoisM said:

Don't worry they already anounced big DLC with remastered original Doom. This game has big future.

Remastered original Doom? Are they remaking the first game or something?

i think that "DOOM on Earth" has too big potential just for an short DLC, if they really want to make it, then it should be a whole new game (DOOM "5") plus it's too much work - again - just for an DLC, because from obvious reasons there wouldn't be A SINGLE texture that devs could copy-paste from "Mars" (DOOM 2016), they are too lazy for that / it could be too expensive, i think it will be just a "remix" of UAC facillities, something like "Resurrection of Evil".

banned said:

i think that "DOOM on Earth" has too big potential just for an short DLC, if they really want to make it, then it should be a whole new game (DOOM "5") plus it's too much work - again - just for an DLC, because from obvious reasons there wouldn't be A SINGLE texture that devs could copy-paste from "Mars" (DOOM 2016), they are too lazy for that / it could be too expensive, i think it will be just a "remix" of UAC facillities, something like "Resurrection of Evil".

The Old Blood didn't reuse any assets from The New Order.

hardcore_gamer said:

Remastered original Doom? Are they remaking the first game or something?

Sorry, I can't find proof. :C Maybe I'm wrong...

I'm pretty sure that was just a rumour. I would be honestly disappointed if that was the case - I'd rather have more new levels than another remake of Knee-Deep. Everyone's remaking that damn thing.

Also, I wouldn't want Hell on Earth to be a mere expansion, that would be a let down. But if it was some kind of a prelude to the full DOOM5: Hell on Earth (kind of like Thy Flesh Consumed)... well, that would be cool.

JoeKilledKenney2016 said:

I have read somewhere while searching on Google. In Call of Duty Games like Advanced Warfare and Black Ops 3, if you do private match, you can play against owners who purchased the season packs. I believe that if Doom has the private match included, it's possible.

I think Blizzard does that with StarCraft. If you have Heart of the Swarm (expansion1) you can still join a game of Legacy of the Void (expansion2) and play with the new stuff. Makes sense considering that stuff is already on your HDD, it's just locked.