Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DoomzRules

Sporadic Deaths and Decorations

Hello everyone! DoomzRules here! I recently made a sub-mod of Random Deaths and Decorations. As you can probably guess, I called it Sporadic Deaths and Decorations. I made it kind of for fun, with the aim of making some of the deaths in Random Deaths and Decorations a bit more gruesome, grisly, and overall keeping that vanilla feel of gore.

I added in an XDeath to the Cacodemon and some other new deaths as well for most of the demons.

That reminds me, one of the biggest changes I made to RDND was changing the Cacodemon colours back to the original vanilla colour scheme. Quite honestly, I think it's for the better, because the Brutal Doom Cacodemon is WAY TOO desaturated. Plus it's not vanilla. :P

Anyway, I hope you enjoy this mod! It's really fun with this tiny sub-mod I made for Perkristian's Smoother Weapon Animations! (I added in a slide going back animation for the pistol, it's subtle but nonetheless satisfying to say the least.)

I also recommend playing this with the Droplets Blood Mod. It's really fun playing it with that mod. No seriously, SDND and Droplets go together like bread and butter! :D

http://www.moddb.com/mods/sporadic-deaths-and-decorations

http://www.mediafire.com/download/fqeviceaivooc5k/SDND.pk3

http://www.mediafire.com/download/akcoxx8q7hv8hx3/pk_anim4.wad

Here's the downloads for both sub-mods.

I really just made Sporadic Deaths and Decorations for fun really. Glaice approves of it, he was the one who suggested to me I should probably post a thread on this sub-mod. :P

I guess I do need real feedback so yeah.... enjoy! :D

Here's some screenies!

http://www.moddb.com/mods/sporadic-deaths-and-decorations

EDIT: New version just uploaded. Fixed one of the Zombieman's death animations which use the unused Romero death sprites (includes the torso dismemberment).

Pretty cool eh? I fixed the offset, so it's way better now! :D Anyway sorry for bumping this thread, but while I'm at it. Give this mod a try! Really fun mod to blast through Doom with, if you are tired of Brutal Doom, and kinda want something a little bit more gruesome/gory than Random Deaths and Decorations, than give this mod a try plz? :3

Besides I might be working on a new version soon, and if anyone would like to help they can. ;)

ENJOY! \m/

The only thing that seems "off" is the zombieman head explosion animation shows his armor is a different color (greenish) as opposed to standard tan and brown.

And before anyone asks me, yes I did talk privately with DoomzRules about building off of my mod.

Glaice said:

The only thing that seems "off" is the zombieman head explosion animation shows his armor is a different color (greenish) as opposed to standard tan and brown.

And before anyone asks me, yes I did talk privately with DoomzRules about building off of my mod.

I was planning on editing that, but I'm a bit lazy. I kinda wish the head explosion with the armor being green could be tan and brown instead, and I looked for sprite edits by Funktasm of it.... but I couldn't find any. Maybe Funktasm could edit them? :3

I just posted a ModDB page for this mod. It's about to come out soon, (as soon as it's authorized). As soon as it is, I'm immediately posting a link here in this thread. I hope you all enjoy the mod! =D

I know I probably shouldn't bump this thread but.... does anyone like the mod? Just curious, that's all. It just seems this thread is kinda dead.... maybe the mod isn't that interesting or something because it's a sub-mod?

Ah well, it's not that it's a big deal or anything, it's just a small tid-bit I noticed. :P