Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vadrig4r

Disabling built in demo auto play? (DEMO1 etc.)

I'm pretty sure this is a stupid question, but after some searching was still none the wiser. Is there a command line parameter or similar to stop the built in demos from playing at the title screen? I'm sort of assuming there's a way without having to edit the IWAD, but I can't for the life of me find how.

It's particularly pertinent for PWADs without their own demos, as they desync anyway and I'd often like to listen to the title music at leisure.

(space in auto play because the full word gets converted to asterisks, I guess to stop youtube abuse?)

I don't think that feature exists in any source port (Doomsday and Zdoom based ports don't count, as they either lack a demo format (as of this writing) or have their own respectively)

Danfun64 said:

I don't think that feature exists in any source port (Doomsday and Zdoom based ports don't count, as they either lack a demo format (as of this writing) or have their own respectively)

Cheers Dan, I really thought I was missing something obvious here.

You can make a PWAD to disable demo playback. It works in at least PR+ though I haven't tested in other ports. Open up SLADE, create a new wad file and go to archive>new>entry. Name the new entry DEMO1. Copy and paste it twice and rename the pasted files to DEMO2 and DEMO3.