Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
t3hPoundcake

Favorite In-fights?

scifista42 said:

^ Cyberdemons too, with that splash damage. Not that those who get mad at him would survive for long... It may still be good infighting when the other monsters are everywhere, the player has restricted movement and has to avoid the monsters while also paying attention to the Cyberdemon.

Tricks and Traps is definitely the best example of that, looks intentional too.

MetroidJunkie said:

Tricks and Traps is definitely the best example of that, looks intentional too.

Not only that, but the Barons have a pretty fair chance of winning, depending on how the player maneuvers around the room.

Maes said:

A Pinkie is fully capable of gibbing a Zombie, given its 40 HP max. damage. Actually, pretty much every monster with a melee attack (except Lost Souls) can do that with Zombiemen, even Imps. Shotgun guys are just tough enough to be "safe" from Imps but not from Demons.

Yeah, thinking about it I have seen shotgun guys gibbed a few other times by pinkies, albeit rarely. Mostly with Barons, don't think I've seen it with imps. But yeah, makes sense given the damage threshold for gibbing, I think the shotgun guy had probably been hit a few times by pistol zombies before the pinkie got pissed at him. Good to know I wasn't just imagining it.

Jello said:

don't think I've seen it with imps.

It is extremely rare occurence. Imp's attacks do 3-24 damage, zombieman has 20 health. Basically, in order to zombieman be gibbed by imp, zombieman must have 3 or less health, while imp must do maximum possible damage with it's attack. The probability of this happening is sooo low, that you'll probably never see it in your entire life.

^ The probability is actually not that low. It's certainly greater than 1:64. The probability of an Imp dealing exactly 18 damage in one hit to the Zombieman is 1:8. The probability of the Imp dealing 24 damage to the Zombieman in the next hit is also 1:8 - which, multiplied with the first 1:8, gives 1:64. But the Zombieman may also be hit multiple times by the Imp with total damage 18, and 24 damage in the next hit, which slightly increases the 1:64 probability. And of course, he may receive damage between 17-19 by other means than by the very Imp attacking him, which also increases the probability.

I actually recall seeing that situation myself 2-3 times at the very least.

^ The hardest part is getting a zombieman to be hurt "just enough" at the right time for gibbing to occur due to an subsequent imp's attack.

Demons biting at Hell Nobles.

From a sideways glance the Demon looks like it's shouting at them before getting smacked in the face.

Maes said:

^ The hardest part is getting a zombieman to be hurt "just enough" at the right time for gibbing to occur due to an subsequent imp's attack.

As I've tried to explain, it's actually the easier part (slightly better probability than 1:8, versus probability exactly 1:8), provided you don't let the "wrong" monsters / weapons to damage the zombieman in the first place.

Hell Knight vs Mancubus... these always get a cackle of laughter out of me. The skin ripping sound and Mancubus fatty "Rorrgh" pain.

ChekaAgent said:

It is extremely rare occurence. Imp's attacks do 3-24 damage, zombieman has 20 health. Basically, in order to zombieman be gibbed by imp, zombieman must have 3 or less health, while imp must do maximum possible damage with it's attack. The probability of this happening is sooo low, that you'll probably never see it in your entire life.

I saw this quite a lot when I was doing ep1 NM100, in map01

Pinkies vs. Cacodemons. Cacos can be a real pain if you're trying to get somewhere but a pinky can hold them off pretty effectively. Lots of this in E3.

Mastermind v. mastermind. I think this happened in UAC Ultra. And then a dove flew past, signifying peace and justice.