Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Heejyhorang

(SPOILERS) doomguy origin speculations (SPOILERS)

Jaxxoon R said:

Is it weird that the only part of this game I kind of don't want to be spoiled in is the story? It isn't even a focal point of the game, but I'm just such a huge sucker for lore and worldbuilding I've avoided this thread until now. Also, I'd like to echo the talk of how close this sounds to Demon's Souls'/Dark Souls 2's story, and I raise you with this old thing:

Spoiler

Totally the same dude....Just centuries apart :). Nice Find!

MrDope said:

http://thecreatorsproject.vice.com/blog/new-doom-demon-gun-design

“The game takes place roughly 150 years in the future,” says Stratton, “and begins as you wake up in a secret bunker deep below the Martian surface”.

I saw that too...So i am assuming that the UAC has already extracted the DoomSlayer from his tomb in hell and stashed him in a special bunker, waiting to wake him up until he is needed!

Heejyhorang said:

I saw that too...So i am assuming that the UAC has already extracted the DoomSlayer from his tomb in hell and stashed him in a special bunker, waiting to wake him up until he is needed!

Yep, that's correct.

I'm not really digging the whole "filled with so much raw hatred that Satan fears him" aspect, it makes it sound like you're playing as a bad guy, as someone who's an even bigger potential threat to humanity than hell itself. I like the idea of being the defender of humanity.

MetroidJunkie said:

I'm not really digging the whole "filled with so much raw hatred that Satan fears him" aspect, it makes it sound like you're playing as a bad guy, as someone who's an even bigger potential threat to humanity than hell itself. I like the idea of being the defender of humanity.

Thats why he dies at the end :D

Just kidding...

OR AM I?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfh4Mhp-a6U

MetroidJunkie said:

I see where you're coming from but I didn't interpret it that way. I think it does a good job of setting up the Doomslayer power fantasy well and gives motivation to why he wants to destroy demons. But again, I see what you're saying..maybe next game you play as Doomslayers son and have to kill dad!