Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ShadesMaster

Snapmap DLC Wishlist Discussion....

Even MORE juicy details were revealed about SNAPMAP on Reddit today. I don't intend on giving anything away, but it's important to get the gist of it before we discuss what we'd want to see in ADDITIONAL content....

- There WILL be Tilesets in Snapmap, not just the 'Heatwave' theme as we've seen. 'Sterile Corporate,' 'Ancient' and 'Startan' are my guesses (hints) as to the other tilesets. Maybe unnamed 'city' too....
- Bosses, minibosses, color change, hitpoint bars and sliders are all possible.
- ALL weapons usable, even multiplayer-exclusive ones like the lightning gun.
- A single-player mechanic is indeed transforming into a Demon to get past somewhere (this replaces the 'obligatory vehicle sequence' thank GOD) and is doable in Snapmap, with any demon.

That said, some things I would love to see in DLC, personally, include:

- The ability to alter what projectile a monster throws, with the goal of making Elemental-themed beasts. For example, 'freezetag' is already a game mode in DOOM, so if I could make imps fling, say, an Ice Shard and recolor him... we essentially get Ice imps.... :D

- Petrification. Like ice, but stone. Better yet... Reverse-Petrification, so we can have statues that come to life....

- Projectile editing should also extend to the number of projectiles thrown, as well, so the imp could fire out a bunch in a fan. Differenetiate the threat. Specifically for Ice Projectiles, I'd love to see an Ice shard, a stronger icy spikeball, and behaviors such as the spikeball splitting into shards or being more like a greenade and exploding into shards (a bit of Heretic / HeXen in there)

- Speaking of variants, the Mancubi already have a bunch, and we see how fire can become Acid in this manner. The two 'Hell' variants of Mancubu also harkens back to HeXens' Chaos Serpents - one shot fire, while another variant shot acid.

- More monsters and monster variants. A pain Elemental and Arachnotron might not make the final (initial) game but there are no hard and fast rules saying they can't be added later. And like with the Mancubi... variants of existing critters. Cybernetic, maybe. So a Hellknight can have a new model (or maybe it can function like wearable armor?) with a gun-arm and become a Bruiser (CyBruiser), a Baron could have a gun-arm and become a Cyber-Baron, we can get enhanced Cacodemons, etc. And of course, like player armor, these new pieces will be color-customizable....

- rooms are customizable to be filled with acid, blood, water or lava... interchangable.

WHat would YOU guys like to see?

1. Linking maps together like a campaign.
2. The ability to make a Alien/Doom motion tracker

hardcore_gamer said:

I think you can already put maps into a playlist.

Which won't work for most campaigns unfortunately.

hardcore_gamer said:

I think you can already put maps into a playlist.

Yeah, but your items don't carry over. So if you find the Plasma Rifle on the first map and then go to the second map in the playlist, you won't have that Plasma Rifle. You start with whatever the map creator set you up with.

I'd say that's definitely my number one request as well.

Increasing the player limit from 4 to 8 (or even 6) would be huge in terms of making SnapMap a viable alternative to the official competitive multiplayer, but I doubt that's possible.

ChickenOrBeef said:

Yeah, but your items don't carry over. So if you find the Plasma Rifle on the first map and then go to the second map in the playlist, you won't have that Plasma Rifle. You start with whatever the map creator set you up with.

I'd say that's definitely my number one request as well.

Increasing the player limit from 4 to 8 (or even 6) would be huge in terms of making SnapMap a viable alternative to the official competitive multiplayer, but I doubt that's possible.

Which is a small part of it. I am thinking more about conditions that happen in previous maps need to also transfer over too the next.

Example:

You lost the Armory! You don't have access too it for the rest of the game/levels.

According to some sources there will be a way to create *actual* campaigns (not just playlists).

What I want is the ability to place any number of power ups. I think that demons vs marines with haste + quad damage would be fun.

Hiya!

Pie-in-the-sky wishes?...

A package of Tools allowing PC folks to mod the hell out of everything. :) I want to add my own textures, particle effects, models, monsters, animations, sounds, music, game-play mechanics, etc.

Could they do this? I don't know. Maybe they could add a "map flag" that indicates the map can only be played on PC or with "downloaded content by the creator" or something. Make a server that 'hosts' player made content...think of it like /idgames, realm667, and any other "DOOM content hosters" all in one place.

Anyway...yeah...I have about 0.001% confidence I'll get even a tenth of what I want. :( This, unfortunately, means that DOOM(4) will likely get put on my "I'll pick it up one day when I have some extra cash...maybe...". It may be a fun game, but...well, I have a LOT of games on my list of "want to buy and play"...but games that I "want to buy and play...NOW!" (because of mod'ing capabilities, mostly) are currently non-existent. I was actually expecting DOOM(4) to be an "upgraded, expanded, and better" DOOM3. In stead, I'm getting "Here's DOOM, but focused on console's...so minimal moding...and if you want more and/or new stuff...*buy our DLC*"

I hope we can slow down the speed, enable health regen and some other tweaks for making COD/Halo parodies.

Snapmap tilesets should not be in DLC, ever.

And idStudio would be the best thing for them to release post-launch for those who don't want to put together maps with tilesets like Warframe does.

Changing colors/textures of monsters has been confirmed but I hope we can really do a lot.
-Primary Color
-Secondary Color
-Offsets
-Eye Color
-Projectile Color
-Blood Color (fat chance)

Also damage types would be cool, such as having ice damage slow you down, or having lightning damage stun you. Just going to throw that out there.

Glaice said:

Snapmap tilesets should not be in DLC, ever.

And idStudio would be the best thing for them to release post-launch for those who don't want to put together maps with tilesets like Warframe does.

I sort of hope they go more of the route of new tilesets being a part of the planned free updates on SnapMap, and not just a way to get money.

LittleBurger said:

I sort of hope they go more of the route of new tilesets being a part of the planned free updates on SnapMap, and not just a way to get money.

That's already confirmed. They're called "Modules" and they were mentioned as part of the free updates, as well as new props, new features, new AI behaviors, and just overall improvements.