Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ChickenOrBeef

Open Beta Is Now LIVE

Yep. I've played two matches so far. First was kind of okay, and the second took more "Getting into the Groove." Ended up shaping up and top fragged the game in the second match, although carried as I did, my team still failed. Also Sodaholic was on my team. Not saying that has anything to do with losing now... >_> <_<

Also, the customization is hilarious. Random colors and patterns get dropped, and you can make shit so balls out bright it's actually kind of cool. Howver, I also like how can muck up the guns and make them dirty and beat up looking. Same with the armor. You can create some unique color patterns.

Armor customization seems worthless in team based gameplay, since as far as I can tell, armor colors are either red or blue flavored. But I assume there's more use to them in the full game.

Clonehunter said:

Armor customization seems worthless in team based gameplay, since as far as I can tell, armor colors are either red or blue flavored. But I assume there's more use to them in the full game.

They'll be used in SnapMap judging from the screenshots.

ChickenOrBeef said:

They'll be used in SnapMap judging from the screenshots.

Or...Deathmatch, with weapon pickups around the map
:D :D :D
**crossing fingers**

It's amazing how much more playable/enjoyable the game is with a proper FOV. Wow. I'm having way more fun with this beta than the last one just because of that one small change alone.

I'll wait a little so queue times and the servers are not hammered.

Glaice said:

I'll wait a little so queue times and the servers are not hammered.

I actually got in games quicker than most of the entire last beta. Also, I've noticed the screen tearing on Xbox One has been pretty much completely fixed :)

It also felt better on PC as well. I think it's the fov to be completely honest. What a difference it's made. Feels like it's been sped up quite a bit when it's cranked up :D Very happy w this

MrDeAD1313 said:

I actually got in games quicker than most of the entire last beta. Also, I've noticed the screen tearing on Xbox One has been pretty much completely fixed :)

It also felt better on PC as well. I think it's the fov to be completely honest. What a difference it's made. Feels like it's been sped up quite a bit when it's cranked up :D Very happy w this

Yeah, it feels as fast as Quake 3. Of course without bunny hopping and rocket jumping.

I'm feeling pretty fond of Warpath right now. I haven't really found any reason to use anything but the shotgun + rocket launcher combo, but it's a fun combo anyway

DooM_RO said:

Yeah, it feels as fast as Quake 3. Of course without bunny hopping and rocket jumping.

Yes. Or at least quite close. And it's ok there's none of the bunny hopping or rocket jumping I guess considering its Doom and not Quake :) Though it would make for some interesting maps in snapmap.. or even heatwave with all of the higher platforms around the map.

Arctangent said:

I'm feeling pretty fond of Warpath right now. I haven't really found any reason to use anything but the shotgun + rocket launcher combo, but it's a fun combo anyway

Yeah I really do enjoy warpath too. Especially with the light tweaks to the game. I love the little details they seem to fix. People saying that because Bethesda owns them they don't care anymore seems funny considering the drastic changes we've all seen from our complaints and concerns. Seems they want to please us older fans as well as draw in a modern crowd, and I honestly think they're doing a fuckin fantastic job with it :'D

Arctangent said:

Gotta agree, the shotgun + rocket launcher combo is a thing of beauty!

I'm really digging this, best multiplayer FPS in years potentially I'd say. At least for my taste. Very very fun combat.

It's exactly the same as the Closed Beta. I'm bored of the same maps and weapons over and over.

MrDeAD1313 said:

Yeah I really do enjoy warpath too. Especially with the light tweaks to the game. I love the little details they seem to fix. People saying that because Bethesda owns them they don't care anymore seems funny considering the drastic changes we've all seen from our complaints and concerns.

What did they change/add besides the FOV slider, damage numbers, and announcer volume?

I haven't really noticed any other changes or improvements. Both the audio mix and damage feedback still suck, for example. I hope they address those things by launch.

Some weapons sounds could be better.

Also, the automatic weapons are still very underpowered.

One serious thing I don't like is that it seems really random if you'll get a glory kill or just kill someone with a melee. Which is a bad thing, since the latter seems better in all regards except XP gain.

Also, I wish I knew where the superweapon spawn was on Heatwave. Gauss Cannon is just great.

Plasma rifle is poop. It does less damage per round than the assault rifle and isn't instant hit. 2/10 would not bang. Literally.

I think the big thing with the rapid-fire weapons is that in a face-to-face conflict they force you to face your enemy for a prolonged period of time to do anything, which is a problem since the sideways/backwards speed is slower than usual, so you can't really circlestrafe them to compensate, so you're just kind of in a convenient area for them to take you out with the SSG or RL.

As for the beta itself, one of my favorite moments was when this one dude died and his body was propped up perfectly straight by the cracks in the walls. I thought it was a guy AFK at first.

Turboedit: Aha! Good thing I was recording my stupid face playing the game at the time. Now I can prove it happened.

DooM_RO said:

Some weapons sounds could be better.

Also, the automatic weapons are still very underpowered.

They can be useful at longer ranges. I love the super shotgun, but if they're far away it's not going to do it. Granted the rocket launcher is a better range choice, but spamming some plasma is fun too. Plus the alt fire is good.

I couldn't tell what the Lightning Gun's alternate fire does? Anybody know what the difference is between the two modes?

PsychoGoatee said:

I couldn't tell what the Lightning Gun's alternate fire does? Anybody know what the difference is between the two modes?

It's an AoE attack. If you fire it at the ground, it electrocutes everyone in a small area. Pretty useless unless you're fighting a pack of idiots.

Where the fuck are the advanced options and why is it grayed out? How the hell am I supposed to play a game with a below minimum spec system without a reasonable frame rate?

chubz said:

What did they change/add besides the FOV slider, damage numbers, and announcer volume?

I haven't really noticed any other changes or improvements. Both the audio mix and damage feedback still suck, for example. I hope they address those things by launch.

Same.
I mean things like color, the fov, that kind of stuff that was addressed. I thought it was cool that it was done. May not be much but a welcome fix. I do hope the things you've mentioned are fixed as well.