Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ChekaAgent

Meaning behind your username

(yeah.. another banal thread by me... i like making threads.)

Just post the meaning behind your username, where it originated from, etc. etc.

There are a lot of people here with some really bizarre usernames, so I'm really curious what they mean.

(yes, I'm aware that there were threads like this before, but they were loooong time ago....)

For me "Gangrel" comes from one of the thirteen clans of vampire, the clan "Gangrel" of course. I love vampires, and I love that game. The nx before it is just an initial, basically a way to identify me. (since I'd use nx before any of my usernames) The letters don't mean anything, they just look pretty in my opinion.

Not that much meaning behind it, I just really got into Metroid and it stuck. Of course, my internet name, Todd Blauer, came from Blue Death in German translating to Blauer Tod so I just flipped them since Todd is an actual name. Blue, of course, referencing Phazon from the Metroid Prime series.

Riley Martin was a crazy black dude who said he was abducted by aliens who then implanted symbols into his mind which he sold for money. He made several hilarious appearances on Howard Stern's show. Unfortunately he died recently, after I made this account, in fact. RIP in peace m8.

Heh... It's kind a funny story. Everything began from 'Counter Strike Source'.
I don't know why but i remember how I took two letters from name of map: "Aztec".
So... From 'Az' everything begins. I remember that i thought that for youtube channel put only two letters is kind a silly.
So, i added a few letters more "zuru". But as i thought "Azuru" was taken already and i added SHHHHHHHH sound. "Azuruish". The end.

Gez said:

Why don't you explain the meaning behind your own username?

Hahah, that's funny that you found this page, because this exact page was the inspiration behind my username. You see, I just find it funny that Cheka in English is spelled like a single word, despite that in Russian it's an acronym (ЧК). And there's just something funny about that word in general, especially if you pronounce it with the stress on the 1st syllable (it's supposed to be on the 2nd), because then it sounds like 'chicka'.

I decided to use ChekaAgent, because my previous username on the Internet, GovernmentAgent, was a bit too long.

Nothing special actually, it's a nickname derived from my real name that my irl friends use.

Back in '07 when I got myself a decent PC and my own internet connection I started creating accounts in all kinds of website(yahoo, youtube, doomworld etc)and I needed some sort of a username so I could easily remember those accounts since my password is also shared between those websites. I was kinda young and excited and I didn't really thought about it entirely. Now I'm stuck with this lame combination of letters and numbers and I can't do anything about it unfortunately.

I first employed the name when I signed up for my first (Well, technically second but I never really used the first one, which was a RuneScape related site where I used the handle terf01, as I did in RuneScape) forum at Massassi.net. Being a Star Wars website I didn't want to end up with a Star Wars themed name, but still ended up at Clone Hunter. I shortened it to Clonehunter on later sites for easier use, although now I tend to just use Clone on some sites.

It was my xbox user name.

I love the movie commando, and the game contra. However, Contra Commando was already taken, so I just changed the c to a k.

Moreover, Contra sort of emulated the movie commando, as well as many other great movies like Rambo, and Aliens.

Dan comes from the first three letters of my first name. 64 comes from Nintendo 64.

...I forgot where fun came from. xD

ChekaAgent said:

(yes, I'm aware that there were threads like this before, but they were loooong time ago....)

Hey, let's make a bunch of threads that already existed long ago, that's going to sprawl something new within the forum.

I like the name Joe, and my real name's Ilya.

OK. I used to use the name plusminus for making music (or even just +- but that is rarely a valid username). On IRC and other places this name was often taken, and I have a thing for anagrams as well as confusing names so I started using plumsinus (and other variants) instead. This often gets shortened to just plums, especially for gaming sites etc. It's kind of a throwaway name and if I had known I'd be posting so much here when I signed up I might have picked something else, but maybe not.

I don't think I have eaten a plum in at least a decade, apart from maybe in a curry sauce or something.

kuchitsu said:

http://j-lyric.net/artist/a001c0c/l005c86.html
朝焼けにくちづけてる (asayake ni kuchizuketeru) means something like "kiss the sunrise". But I misheard it and thought it's "kuchitsu...". Oops. Well, too late to change now I guess. So my username could mean that I'm trying to kiss you but failing.

Would you prefer if people stopped calling you Memfis? Or does it matter?

When I was a kid, I used to like to watch Happy Days. One day I was making an account for StarCraft and I needed a name; ironically the speakers on the old IBM had either the word "Fouze" or "Fonze" on them, so I used Fonze. I still to this day do not know what the third letter was and I still own those speakers.

why it's just some part of a Pain elemental edit so I find it funny for his name because he actually like to lanch some many annoying rocket n shit so then he Can suck my dick for that. :P

Corbachu is my old IRL nickname (based on my birth name), so I just shortened it to "Chu". Course, Chu is short for Pikachu.. = Corbachu..wish I could change it though.

Oh well!

Dillman is a name, at first I created this nick for youtube only, added a "le" because i thought that was french as fuck and... well, it's a crappy story, but that's how it is.

When I first signed up, I chose to use the "Styx" default avatar and needed a name to go with it. Also, I like MAP29 of TNT: Evilution. Maybe I would come up with something more creative given another chance, but probably not.

Clashman is the Japanese name for Crashman from Megaman 2. Clashman just sounded cool. I added The Third becase it sounded like something a royal Prince would have at the end of their name, and for websites that require a number on your username.

"Yuki" is Japanese for "snow", and is in there because I love snowy, cold weather. "b1t" (b-(one)-t, as in 8 bits to a byte) is just to make it look all computer-y, and because I love messing with computers.