Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Some music could help, the thing is though will it take away even more from how some sounds are able to not be heard/are hard to hear like footsteps/someone shooting behind you?

Maybe increase the damage feedback? Tint a side of screen red so you know where you got shot from, like a modern take of the HUD face. A loud audible groan of pain that only the player harmed can hear might also help.

MetroidJunkie said:

Maybe increase the damage feedback? Tint a side of screen red so you know where you got shot from, like a modern take of the HUD face. A loud audible groan of pain that only the player harmed can hear might also help.

That could work, something else is needed aside from the silent 3d triangle that pops up on the screen. Some balance would be needed though to make it noticeable if music was to be added.

Yah, some music would do good. I was a little surprised when I hit a lull in the combat to just not hear anything. I thought there would have been some kind of tune playing. Very odd.

MetroidJunkie said:

The fact that this hasn't been implanted is frustrating. It's not uncommon for a FPS today to show which side is under attack through the FoV turning red.

I strongly agree that the multiplayer needs music.

I put on my own custom music in the background and it elevates the experience to another level of excitement. The game is just too quiet otherwise. Partly because the characters don't make any noise. No talking or pain screams.

Technician said:

The fact that this hasn't been implanted is frustrating. It's not uncommon for a FPS today to show which side is under attack through the FoV turning red.

Yeah I also think that when playing with a controller that there should be more force feedback.

But as far as music I thought I wanted music during the matches but you really do get a good ambiance where you can hear everything that is going on. Maybe put it as an option where you can crank it up or turn it down.

Technician said:

This game does have an onscreen indicator of what direction you're attacked from though.

I agree an option for some cool ambiant tunes would be nice. But since this game plays well with Alt+Tab, I can just pop open a playlist or whatever.

I'd rather it be silent with the ambiance of machinery, liquids and high tech stuff.

Glaice said:

I'd rather it be silent with the ambiance of machinery, liquids and high tech stuff.

The Infernal map at least has the screams of the souls stuck there in various parts, I think the ambience there sounds better.

The option for music should definitely be there. I personally wouldn't play music during MP, makes it harder to hear the enemy, but others might want to.

Glaice said:

Silverforte said:

I personally wouldn't play music during MP, makes it harder to hear the enemy

Will you guys turn the music off during the Campaign too?

Music is a huge part of Doom for me personally. Would be nice to implement it just like Old Doom - If you don't like it simply switch it off, then everyone's (theoretically) happy!

Doomkid said:

Music is a huge part of Doom for me personally. Would be nice to implement it just like Old Doom - If you don't like it simply switch it off, then everyone's (theoretically) happy!

I'd keep it on if they could fix how wonky the audio for gunfire and footsteps can be (I mean in mp).

I keep music on during single player as it is a big part of the ambience and mood, but yes, having the option would satisfy both sides.

ChickenOrBeef said:

Yes, because it's just a distraction to me. I did this for Skyrim, Morrowind and Armored Warfare as well.

ChickenOrBeef said:

I won't, generally the music gets me pumped up to play through the game.

Glaice said:

Yes, because it's just a distraction to me. I did this for Skyrim, Morrowind and Armored Warfare as well.

Ah man so much work goes into the music, in all the wads/maps people make it really adds to the experience. I believe a lot of the music in the new Doom will be throwbacks to the old songs (like the menu music) so you should give it a chance!

I'll keep the music on for SP.

For multiplayer I'll probably turn it off. Probably because of my experience with the Halo franchise.... where the SP had music and the MP didn't.

Which reminds me, since I traded in my Xbox One... should I really make the switch to the PS4? I mean I <3 Halo, but after Halo 4 and Halo 5 came out... I kinda got frustrated, angry, disenfranchised, and quite honestly felt lost. =P

Piper Maru said:

The Benny Hill theme song somehow feels appropriate.

Great, thanks, I can't get that out of my head now when I play a multiplayer game...

Glaice said:

Oh man, the music in like every Elderscrolls game is such a massive part of the experience for me. The only one I sunk true time into was Oblivion, but the Mrs. loves the series so my ears are graced with those tunes from time to time.

For me, music is a huge part of setting the mood. It's definitely not mandatory for me to enjoy a game, but it helps a lot. I often wonder what a soundtrack for Doom3 would have been like, there's fantastic potential there for some moody soundscapes.

I do agree that the game is alot better with music but I think it should definitely have the option to turn music off or change the volume. Great example video though! Loved it!