Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Zulk RS

OBS Problem

So, I recently downloaded OBS to record game-play footage and I set it up according to a Youtube tutorial and then, I tried recording a Doom wad game-play.

The audio was there but the video was just a black screen. Any ideas on what went wrong and how to fix it?

In case anyone's wondering, this is the youtube video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vHS7ZfATTc

Zulk-RS - you have to specify the source of the video. You have two windows in the lower-left corner of OBS. Right-click the right one, select game capture (the bottom option of the drop-down list) and specify the game you want to capture.

Patrol1985 said:

Zulk-RS - you have to specify the source of the video. You have two windows in the lower-left corner of OBS. Right-click the right one, select game capture (the bottom option of the drop-down list) and specify the game you want to capture.

I know that. I'm sure I chose the right option. Inspite of that, I get the Black Screen

Assuming you're trying to record to a file instead of just straight broadcasting, are you using Shadowplay (NVENC) to encode? The last time I tried that for a recorded stream, I got decent performance, but the file out had the black screen issue.

I've also had some games not like the Game Capture source and had to use Monitor Capture or Window Capture instead (League of Legends was like this to my knowledge, haven't tried Doom).

kuchitsu said:

For me it only works in OpenGL, not in software mode.

I tried this today and it worked! Still don't know what caused the problem though.