Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gunrock

Damn!!! Cant decide on what to do with this map!!!

I been out of the mapping game for a couple years now and I'm trying to do a revamp of tnt's map 7 "Prison" but I'm stuck on what to do to make the outdoors section look less plain and ugly.

Any suggestions on what details can be added?

Gunrock said:

I been out of the mapping game for a couple years now and I'm trying to do a revamp of tnt's map 7 "Prison" but I'm stuck on what to do to make the outdoors section look less plain and ugly.

http://i.imgur.com/WYXHr68.jpg

Any suggestions on what details can be added?

Some pillar(s) on the lava section? Some windows on the stone wall (if there is something behind)? Some decoration as trees, torches, etc? A lot of things.

Gunrock said:

Nice suggestions!!! What about the big ugly brown walls surrounding the courtyard?

You have 2 walls, the courtyard perimeter and the pool's border, use different textures for each wall. Find your nice combination.

Gunrock said:

Nice suggestions!!! What about the big ugly brown walls surrounding the courtyard?

I suggest you cover up those ugly brown walls with some sexy Revenants.

It depends on what kind of map you want to create: Is this a smlal map, large? Are you going to a high-level monsters ou low-level focused? Is it going to be linear? What kind of architecture you want to go? Simple, detailed, realistc, classic?

Anyway, as an outside area with an acid pool, I would add some pillars to give player the option to cover. I would add some windows on that stone texture and place some Imps or even Formers Sergeants. Then I could add some Cacodemons or Lost Souls that takes advantage of the floating property and can give some proper challenge to the player.