Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tracer

What is your job?

i'm a shitty ass over the phone spanish interpreter. as is normal in this job neither the english speaker or spanish speaker can ever understand me and i cant understand either of them. the phone lines always break up or disconect and have feedback noises. my daily routine is not being able to translate an adress to a 911 operator or tell the wrong medicine to a pharmacist or giving the wrong terms and conditions of a credit card. and those are just my fuck ups. you still have to add the always inconpetent operators and the callers that are too uneducated for their own good. also i wish i was dead

Once we had taken one of our doctoral cohorts to a field-trip/seminar where they were tasked with coding pong. I was able to complete the task before everyone, and managed to even customize the sprites. My bosses were impressed because I out did the entire Doctoral Cohort. I have zero background in coding; my degree has nothing to do with that field. I owe it to modding doom. Not because it was exactly the same thing, but I understood the gist of what had to be done.

The coding program we were using was extremely simple to use. You literally just drag and drop boxes that represent pre-written lines of code, and use they string like things to “connect it” together. You don’t have to write any syntax, and you can easily change values. Modding Doom is more challenging.

EDIT: I guess its the "Snapmap" version of coding.

former cashier in a local 24/7 in my hometown in minessota by a sexist piece of shit turned commission artist/freelancer/animator.

had a job at a call center earlier on this year thanks to my shit bf but ended up quitting because, simply put, call centers are hot shit. have an interview coming up on sunday for yet another one, hope they pick me up because I'm in dire need for some munz again ugghhhh

raymoohawk said:

also i wish i was dead

Not to make light of your situation, but this was the funniest thing I've read all month, however unintentional. That job sounds like it really sucks though.

I work as a diet hostess at the hospital. Has its ups and downs, being a hospital I naturally see lots of crazy shit. A lot of it is heartbreaking. Minor depression because of it, but it pays very well and rhe insurance is simply amazing. Now if only I could get my transfer into ISS damnit!! :-)

Chu said:

Now if only I could get my transfer into ISS damnit!! :-)

I read that wrong at first and my heart skipped a beat. Anyway, what is a diet hostess? It's absurd I know but I immediately pictured a sugar free hostess cupcake.. Maybe that's just because I'm a fat fuck though

Doomkid said:

I read that wrong at first and my heart skipped a beat. Anyway, what is a diet hostess? It's absurd I know but I immediately pictured a sugar free hostess cupcake.. Maybe that's just because I'm a fat fuck though

LOL I saw what you saw at first, heh.

To my understanding is that Chu's job is essentially an 'in-house dietitian' at a hospital - someone who assists those in need of dietary advice & guidance because of medical conditions / health reasons.

...I am just assuming here though.

Another software engineer here (or programmer or coder, whatever)
I am more into graphics programming, currently looking for a new job, might attempt to seek for game dev jobs.

Was once a parking attendant, rental house manager, and college student all at the same time. It was not good. I dealt with douchebags all the time, particularly unruly drivers and erratic tenants, and my schedule was such that I could scarcely allocate enough time to any one job enough to do them sufficiently well and consistently pay my rent. Even when I did have the time to "do it all", I didn't want to, because I needed time just to be and was burnt out from virtually everything. This only further strained my relations with others.

I've since settled into a better financial situation and now just go to college. For Technical Communication. Almost done. Then I'll be able to do the work I want, make good bank, and speed back to a chill home free of unwanted cotenants, middle finger in the air (figuratively, not literally).

Full time student, programmer part time.

In two months, I'll get my IT diploma, then I'll go studying software engineering.

Multiple roles being the sole IT support lead in NZL for a bank (I work by proxy in NZ, HQ is in Sydney) Project Manager/Senior Support DTE/Buildings Facilities Manager

Full time senior year university student studying Software Engineering. Currently performing really poorly in data mining so I'm probably not graduating this semester. I feel burned out on my career before even starting.

DaIcemann76 said:

I used to be in IT, now I'm on disability.

IT sucks mate... to put it frankly, so enjoy your time off.

Unemployed university student, first year in English Language and Culture.

I currently hold a highly esteemed job at the most prestigious of companies in which I make enough money to sustain not only my own life but also a potential family if I ever decide to start one because I just make that much.

Spoiler

(None of what you just read is true)

I work as a lot attendant at a car dealership. Lots of walking around and unsupervised work lets my mind wander a crapload.

On an assembly line building engines. Pays well and isn't hard, but working 50+ hours a week leaves very little time for Doom anymore :'C

Octavarium said:

On an assembly line building engines. Pays well and isn't hard, but working 50+ hours a week leaves very little time for Doom anymore :'C

Nice, what parts or line do you work with in particular? What sort of Engines do you usually build?

Chezza said:

Nice, what parts or line do you work with in particular? What sort of Engines do you usually build?

I'm on the final part of building the 6-cylinder engines. So, the outer-most parts like oil-pipes, ignition coils, the headcovers, things like that. When I started, I knew next to nothing about engines, so I've actually learned a lot about how they work and all that, so that's kind of a neat bonus too