Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DoomPhreak

Any levels set on Earth?

I believe "Doom 2: Hell on Earth" is the only one that has anything set on Earth, where we see "downtown" and other Earth-like environment in it. Will the new Doom offer any Earth levels? At this point, I'd like to see anything other than Mars and Hell, which seem to have been done to death by this and other franchises.

DoomPhreak said:

I believe "Doom 2: Hell on Earth" is the only one that has anything set on Earth, where we see "downtown" and other Earth-like environment in it. Will the new Doom offer any Earth levels? At this point, I'd like to see anything other than Mars and Hell, which seem to have been done to death by this and other franchises.

Ummm nah dude it ain't gonna happen in this doom.
Perhaps if they make a sequel then sure.

DoomPhreak said:

Yes actually there will be a few levels set on Earth, where you fight the Icon of Sin.

Piper Maru said:

Yes actually there will be a few levels set on Earth, where you fight the Icon of Sin.

I'll take this with a grain of salt, because of no source, but damn that would be cool.

BluePineapple72 said:

One of the nine maps has a description tht says so we might get something earth related (the amp is beneath by the way)

It's probably just stop a big laser being shot into earth

victorboris1 said:

I've accidentally a datamined list of levels and there's no indication of anything take place on Earth.

PM me the list will you?
*wink*

victorboris1 said:

I've accidentally a datamined list of levels and there's no indication of anything take place on Earth.

Well there you go folks.
That's all the evidence you need

BluePineapple72 said:

One of the nine multiplayer maps has a description tht says so we might get something earth related (the amp is beneath by the way)

Spoiler

Hell energy is the new power source for everything the UAC does. The get it from hell, run it through some filters, and then have vast amounts of energy for free (only downside is a portal to hell). So it could be that this beaming is intentional from the UAC.

DoomPhreak said:

In early development, it seemed to be set on Earth as this 2011 leaked footage shows. They scrapped the early design as we all know, so it seemed they made a conscious effort to not set it on Earth.

They scrapped that entire game.

From a dramatic point of view it would only work if the first levels were set on earth and there is no indication for that. Mars is an exotic setting and hell is an even more exotic setting, so you wouldn't go back to a mundane earth setting after that. It would be an anticlimax.

I wanted to see Doom II: Hell On Earth remade too. But we'd be lucky if Bethesda/Zenimax/Cinnamon doesn't lay off the rest of id Software after this one. I'm pretty certain they want most of their staff back after leaving FO4/ESO with a skeleton crew to mop up the fuckup that was supposedly "Too COD" for their taste..