Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AnonimVio

DOOM - Exclusive SnapMap and Singleplayer Streams

Beta's over, time for important stuff.

Monday, April 25 - SnapMap

Kick off the week with an exclusive look at DOOM’s SnapMap mode at 2pm EDT on Monday, April 25. Tom Mustaine with the SnapMap team will show off the wide range of co-op, single-player and multiplayer content you’ll find in SnapMap. We’ll also walk you through creating a mode, and show you just how crazy you can get with the powerful SnapMap tools. If you have any questions about what you can do with SnapMap or how it works, now’s your chance to ask! Tom Mustaine will be answering questions from the chat throughout the stream.

Wednesday, April 27 – Single-Player

Join us again on Wednesday, April 27, at 2pm EDT for a walkthrough of part of DOOM’s single-player campaign, led by Executive Producer Marty Stratton and Creative Director Hugo Martin. Be among the first in the world to see several never-before-seen levels, and watch as Hugo and Marty show off just how intense DOOM can be!

Good, finally we can see some real footage of the Snapmap stuff. That's been one of the biggest open questions about the game I think.

a walkthrough of part of DOOM’s single-player campaign

Probably a poor choice of words given the "omg so slow" complaints.

Yes! FINALLY the good stuff surfaces. (Though I did have a complete blast throughout the alphas and betas)

But goddamn it, they stream right when I have to be at work >:-[

Wait, Hugo Martin is the Creative Director? That's bizarre. You'd think it'd be someone with, you know, experience in game design.

Spoiler

Finally, some good (?) news. Well either way, good or bad, for sure this whole thing is going to be good.

I think SnapMap will just be like a cheap smartphone-app. Drag&Drop of existing prefabs. If youre not able to put in your own geometry & prefabs im out...
No radiant- no cool new maps! It will suck like Hell!

Touchdown said:

Wait, Hugo Martin is the Creative Director? That's bizarre. You'd think it'd be someone with, you know, experience in game design.

He's the art director.

I'm not very excited for it to be honest because I know that the comments section is going to be bombarded with crap.

Finally some real progress.

I did enjoy the beta though but it's time so single player and snapmap to shine or atleast to please the steam guys

Right, time to go media dark about Doom starting the 27th, I want to be completely surprised by everything. Glad the Snapmap stream is first.

AndyW said:

I think SnapMap will just be like a cheap smartphone-app. Drag&Drop of existing prefabs. If youre not able to put in your own geometry & prefabs im out...
No radiant- no cool new maps! It will suck like Hell!

I'm thinking that might be the case, because
there was some recently leaked snapmap I saw
and there were various rooms, and the video showed them being dropped into other
parts. I'm just thinking if they made this easy for all platforms; being able to manually draw out your own rooms would be impossible on a controller. (Not impossible just time consuming and difficult) and having pre-built pieces and shapes makes sense to me as far as easability. And I doubt they'd make snapmap for PC the top tier, version and the console versions crippled. It's probably the same across the board.

That being said though; I don't see why that's such a bad thing. Obviously you're not getting full artistic license; but if they give you 100+ pieces or so; that's still amazing! Not to mention the elements you can put within each room.

But we'll have to wait and see. I'd like to be wrong.

wheresthebeef said:

Right, time to go media dark about Doom starting the 27th, I want to be completely surprised by everything. Glad the Snapmap stream is first.

Definitely because I can see the incoming steam reviews will make you go into depression

DooM_RO said:

I'm not very excited for it to be honest because I know that the comments section is going to be bombarded with crap.

Anyone who pays attention to Twitch chat deserves their suffering

Linguica said:

Anyone who pays attention to Twitch chat deserves their suffering

For some reason I can't help it, same with Steam forum posts. It's really fascinating to witness the degeneration of mankind.

DooM_RO said:

For some reason I can't help it, same with Steam forum posts. It's really fascinating to witness the degeneration of mankind.

That's why we have reality TV

As much as im excited to see some new info, after reading that there was going to be a Q&A for SnapMap on the comment section well... considering the negative reception to the beta, i can't see this going well.

Looking forward to see the SP stream.

DooM_RO said:

Eh.. They may get it wrong in the translation. But the conveyed emotion is pretty spot on. I too would be not satisfied by an open beta with extremely limited options present. I'm sure if steam had some kind of "Neutral" choice on those reviews. Maybe we'd have less incoherent rage and more stories of "Why this is meh" yeah? The polar extremes of love and hate are just selling points after all..

Carniverous Goat said:

Eh.. They may get it wrong in the translation. But the conveyed emotion is pretty spot on. I too would be not satisfied by an open beta with extremely limited options present. I'm sure if steam had some kind of "Neutral" choice on those reviews. Maybe we'd have less incoherent rage and more stories of "Why this is meh" yeah? The polar extremes of love and hate are just selling points after all..

I agree the MP is nothing special, I rate it 7/10 but it doesn't deserve this much vitriol and the whole game can't be judged based on the MP.

Damn those are some pretty neat screenshots dude

I really can't wait to see the singleplayer in action again after e3, hopefully they don't give too much away

Now that I think of t, it's pretty sad we won't be able to do anything wacky or crazy with snap map (although this is only speculation at this point)