Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AnonimVio

DOOM - Exclusive SnapMap and Singleplayer Streams

I'll be interested to know what kind of scripting capability is in SnapMap. Pete Hines specifically mentioned scripting and other "high end" stuff in last year's interview (article, video) on Doom and SnapMap but didn't elaborate.

it's almost physically palpable the amount of questions in the chat they'd have to avoid regarding idstudio.

I can bet there's going to be the one guy, that one certain individual who's going to bring up the whole leaks incident afloat and they'll have to awkwardly deflect it.

that aside, this is GREAT news.

It would be neat if you could have Hexen-like 'puzzles' where you had to collect, say, "The Templar's Armor" - build a statue out of finding the [multi-player asset] pieces of helmet, right arm, left arm, torso and leggings. Collect all of them, place them, than the door opens.

Of course, this is just a fancy way to create an E2M6 scenario of finding all the keys in a non-linear manner, but still....

P.S - so that guy is known as a CYBER-Manc, specifically. Because of Dr. Pierce. Now we know.... :D

Great news, you know ID & Bethesda were saving this for last. This is really the heart & soul behind the whole game IMHO, even though multiplayer was a major idea they pushed, we all knew what the real focus of this game would be.
Killing overwhelming hordes of Demons as you make your way deeper into Hell.
Yet as a whole MP is still pretty good IMO, and atleast they listened to the fans and negative reviewers alike, with all three components being completed/perfected I honestly think the developers will go the final distance and make this as great as possible, hopefully going down to the wire. I'm sure they felt the heat more than anyone, and like everyone we all hope they truly want to create something the fans will enjoy most.
Soon I know all these negative reviewers will be put to rest, and people will be to busy enjoying the actual game. I still have plenty of faith D00M will be a success in the end.

ShadesMaster said:

It would be neat if you could have Hexen-like 'puzzles' where you had to collect, say, "The Templar's Armor" - build a statue out of finding the [multi-player asset] pieces of helmet, right arm, left arm, torso and leggings. Collect all of them, place them, than the door opens.

Of course, this is just a fancy way to create an E2M6 scenario of finding all the keys in a non-linear manner, but still....

P.S - so that guy is known as a CYBER-Manc, specifically. Because of Dr. Pierce. Now we know.... :D

Who would want to work with a disgusting blob of a demon like the Mancubus? I hope the pay would be good.

ArchangelOfHell said:

Great news, you know ID & Bethesda were saving this for last. This is really the heart & soul behind the whole game IMHO, even though multiplayer was a major idea they pushed, we all knew what the real focus of this game would be.
Killing overwhelming hordes of Demons as you make your way deeper into Hell.
Yet as a whole MP is still pretty good IMO, and atleast they listened to the fans and negative reviewers alike, with all three components being completed/perfected I honestly think the developers will go the final distance and make this as great as possible, hopefully going down to the wire. I'm sure they felt the heat more than anyone, and like everyone we all hope they truly want to create something the fans will enjoy most.
Soon I know all these negative reviewers will be put to rest, and people will be to busy enjoying the actual game. I still have plenty of faith D00M will be a success in the end.

I actually think that they may just cause more reviews to pop up if the SP mode seems about as well as the classic doom games, but is different in areas.

Almonds said:

it's almost physically palpable the amount of questions in the chat they'd have to avoid regarding idstudio.

I can bet there's going to be the one guy, that one certain individual who's going to bring up the whole leaks incident afloat and they'll have to awkwardly deflect it.

that aside, this is GREAT news.

Hahaha I can't wait that's gonna be funny af

The SnapMap stream should be very interesting, but there's no way I'm going to watch the SP stream. The game is less than a month away. Why in the world would you want to spoil these never-before-seen levels, rather than experience them firsthand for yourself? *Shrugs*

chubz said:

The SnapMap stream should be very interesting, but there's no way I'm going to watch the SP stream. The game is less than a month away. Why in the world would you want to spoil these never-before-seen levels, rather than experience them firsthand for yourself? *Shrugs*

Maybe snapmap created levels?
I hope so

chubz said:

Why in the world would you want to spoil these never-before-seen levels, rather than experience them firsthand for yourself? *Shrugs*

Why does Radio Shack ask for your phone number when you buy batteries? I don't know.

chubz said:

Why in the world would you want to spoil these never-before-seen levels, rather than experience them firsthand for yourself? *Shrugs*

Hopefully, it's because there's more than sufficient SP content in the game that what we've already seen plus what they plan to stream is just the tip of the ice berg.

Caffeine Freak said:

Hopefully, it's because there's more than sufficient SP content in the game that what we've already seen plus what they plan to stream is just the tip of the ice berg.

This. Will give some insight into how the SP will pan out in gameplay (maybe the general feel of it). I sort of hope we will get maybe a slight view on the level design.

id.dav said:

For one I can clearly give id a credit for not taking Doom's essence too seriously and even so "hated" MP portion demonstrated this as well)

The talk of the reflections adding a touch of realism is likely a bad choice of words that will likely may set some people off again (even if I don't think he really means realistic as in a realistic game, but more of graphical treats).

BluePineapple72 said:

Single player on my birthday, fuckin sweet dude

And SnapMap on mine, but I may be doing other things.

Trycon said:

I have a bad feeling about this....

Yeah, I was just about to post this, I have a really bad feeling about this as well...

TheGamePhilosophe said:

Regardless, it will be played with a controller.

I won't really care, as long as we can at least maybe see some telltale signs that id went a decent route with the SP portion of the game.

watstha said:

Yeah, I was just about to post this, I have a really bad feeling about this as well...

When they say "I have a bad feeling about this" in Star Wars movies, usually things work out for the heroes anyway at the end

PsychoGoatee said:

When they say "I have a bad feeling about this" in Star Wars movies, usually things work out for the heroes anyway at the end

I really hope this is one of those star wars moments. Doom needs a little bit of praise from all the heat it has been getting.