Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AnonimVio

DOOM - Exclusive SnapMap and Singleplayer Streams

If we didn't reply to people we disagree with in an endless loop, we'd all just share our opinions and topics would only last two or three pages. It would be anarchy!

I can't wait to play this!

Well I mean like, every trailer or announcement made there's always an influx of a few trolls who just want to complain - usually about things that aren't even issues (like stuff able to be changed in the options menu or difficulty settings).

TheGamePhilosophe said:

I might as well pretend the game doesn't exist.

Yes, please. It would do us an immense favor. We would never be able to repay you. Please also hit the logoff button while at it, would you kindly?

I like how acrobatic the new imps are, and the fact there is an actual difference between HK and Baron. I like that the bfg has it's own ammo. Game looks good but I'm a little worried that the normal shotgun is just going to get blatenly outclassed by the DB, the normal shot gun dosn't look to have much range compaired to the DB. I Don't know if hugo is not used to the ps4 controler or what but early on alot of his shots were quite off and I saw him having to shoot trash multible times with the shotty wich is kinda concerning. I hope in the higher difficulties the rev is a litle more aggressive. I like the new pinkies. I hope we'll have a wide enough roster to fill old roles as well as the new ones, but who knows, it's all a new game. I'm happy so far, looks like this games going to be my next big game for awile. again, very concerned for the shotty.

MrGlide said:

I like how acrobatic the new imps are, and the fact there is an actual difference between HK and Baron. I like that the bfg has it's own ammo. Game looks good but I'm a little worried that the normal shotgun is just going to get blatenly outclassed by the DB, the normal shot gun dosn't look to have much range compaired to the DB. I Don't know if hugo is not used to the ps4 controler or what but early on alot of his shots were quite off and I saw him having to shoot trash multible times with the shotty wich is kinda concerning. I hope in the higher difficulties the rev is a litle more aggressive. I like the new pinkies. I hope we'll have a wide enough roster to fill old roles as well as the new ones, but who knows, it's all a new game. I'm happy so far, looks like this games going to be my next big game for awile. again, very concerned for the shotty.

I think it all depends on the mods on each gun. Plus the shotty could be useful for shooting barrels without wasting too much ammo. We also don't know when we get the DB.

Anyone else find the Praetor Suit's helmet cute? I find that the roundness coupled with the large forehead area gives it an almost infant-like look.

And look at that! The proportions are spot-on to that of a kitten. Weird, huh?

What gets me is that a Praetor was a Roman magistrate or military commander, depending on the circumstances. Hmm...

chubz said:

I don't want to read through this thread or watch the stream for spoilers' sake...

So could someone please tell me: From what they showed in the SP stream today, how non-linear does the level design appear to be? Can you wander off and actually get lost without using the map, or does it appear to be mostly straight-forward with a branching path here and there (ala Wolfenstein TNO)?

Thanks in advance. :-)

You NEED to watch the Gamespot stream too. They show some really good level design there. The kind of stuff you don't see anymore.

I just watched this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i92rgRDT0lI

My biggest criticism of this is the sound. I hope it's just a matter of gamespot fucking up the sound on their video, because the sound in general is really murky, it's hard to distinguish anything except for some of the weapons firing. The chaingun is almost silent. The monsters barely make any sound. It sounds like everything is background noise, with nothing in the foreground.
Maybe they just had the music too loud, and compressed (DRC) the shit out of it for the video.

I was expecting loud alert & pain sounds like in the classics, and booming weapons.

TheGamePhilosophe said:

Your pulling this completely out of your ass. And if people are running out of things to complain about, it's because almost everything has been already demonstrated to be shit.

No he's not pulling this out of his ass, this was in the fucking stream. I honestly don't fucking understand people's complaints anymore, the MP complaints were fine, but now people are being fucking ridiculous. People saying "where's the metal?" "guns are all the same", etc. I'm not even sure i'm watching the same video as you guys anymore, you guys must be watching something completely different at this point.

hardcore_gamer said:

A comment from the gamespot stream page:

"This is a bargain bin pickup along with Gears of War 4 renamed Shotguns of War. The doom SP looks just like MP. The levels look like an arena and unlike a ship. Crevices to jump over, incomplete walkways, gaps between bridges. What kind of layout is that? The developers are lazy, the game has not evolved, and this will effing bomb"

It seems like people are just looking for excuses to bash the game. How is what has been shown so far of the SP ANYTHING like the multiplayer?

I don't understand anymore, I'm really starting to suspect something is awry here, like why did Kotaku and all the other "game journalists" jump on the hate bandwagon after the Steam debacle? Something seems off about all of this negativity, I'm being paranoid I know but its just ridiculous.

CreamCheese said:

I don't understand anymore, I'm really starting to suspect something is awry here, like why did Kotaku and all the other "game journalists" jump on the hate bandwagon after the Steam debacle? Something seems off about all of this negativity, I'm being paranoid I know but its just ridiculous.

Simple Answer: Gaming Journalists are silly snowflakes. A legitimate journalist would wait for release.

BrainMuncher said:

My biggest criticism of this is the sound. I hope it's just a matter of gamespot fucking up the sound on their video, because the sound in general is really murky, it's hard to distinguish anything except for some of the weapons firing. The chaingun is almost silent. The monsters barely make any sound. It sounds like everything is background noise, with nothing in the foreground.

I'm concerned about the sound design aswell, in fact I was just about to post asking if anyone else noticed that the chaingun can be barely heard. And the demons' sound effects don't seem to be anything memorable so far, the cacodemon sounds cool though.

Flesh420 said:

Simple Answer: Gaming Journalists are silly snowflakes. A legitimate journalist would wait for release.

Like read how snarky and pathetic their reviews were, they even made a dumbshit article about the cover and how the "inside sleeve" should have been the main cover all along without thinking "OHH YEAH THERE'S GONNA BE WRITING AND SHIT ON TOP OF IT".

i fucking hate game journalists, completely unable to form nuanced or sensible opinions of their own. If it was a critique that explained the problems in depth, then i'd be happy, but no, basically just a regurgitation of shit they read on the steam reviews and youtube comments section.

Piper Maru said:

So are you guys happy or not with what you've seen thus far?

I just watched the first 2 minutes, maybe even less. Couldn´t resist, even if i wanted to. But it looks fantastic! The lightning/shadows makes it look way more atmospheric than the mp maps. And with the information in mind that you can turn of all the hints and markers i know that the next 15 days will be even longer. I want it now.

I am very glad that so much stuff is optional.

I dont want to wantch more from the streams, i want to see everything else on my tv at home for the first time.

On a more negative note, that Megahealth in the Lazarus labs was too easy to get. I also don't really like that armor is just more health.

Oh, and I really hope the Automap stations are not in your face. They should be difficult to find.

Graphic_Delusions said:

They've just confirmed on the stream that you will be revisiting locations back & forth.

they meant that more in the sense that you'll be alternating between UACbase/Hell themed levels, not that they'd pull a Quake II on us.

Now that was awesome, very good lighting/shadows/atmospheric vibe going on. Its evident they spent a ton of time into the campaign, the level design is great. I felt a nice inspiration from Doom 3. When the shutters opened to reveal the martian landscape I was blown away.. then the holograms and lcd screens were good vibe points. The automap is a really nice addition as well. Really good stuff!
The level of customization is actually pretty cool IMO. Dropping into the Titan, EPIC.

Xerge said:

I really hope that the rooms don't get locked up when enemies start spawning like in Serious Sam, Painkiller and Shadow Warrior 2013.

I think the arena areas are a nod to slaughter maps. Theyre trying to mix new and old together. Plus, I do find arenas quite challenging.

Xerge said:

I really hope that the rooms don't get locked up when enemies start spawning like in Serious Sam, Painkiller and Shadow Warrior 2013.

Seems like it, as when Doomguy destroys the first gore nest and the subsequent enemy wave, the female UAC voice says something to the lines of "Demon infection removed. Lockdown cancelled".

After watching the Gamespot stream, I am much more content in what I saw then after the twitch stream.

Still some things where I am unsure about, which I simply have to play myself to form a final opinion about. Then again, not every game can be tailored to everyone. For example I HATE badly(!) executed stealth missions which are shoehorned in because it's "trendy", and still manage to "overlook" them in regards of the bigger picture of a game (for example: Wolfenstein: The old Blood). Glad that Doom won't feature anything like this!

Still surprised about the actually level of customization we can do to our weapons and armor. Didn't expect it to be that detailed.

What is the red circle around the crosshair from the shotgun that reduces with the time?

One thing's for certain. The game doesn't deserve nowhere near as much hate as it gets in some places.

DooM_RO said:

One thing's for certain. The game doesn't deserve nowhere near as much hate as it gets in some places.

Ignore them, just trolls and some purists who want the same game from 1993 with an HD remake. And also those who just go with the hate bandwagon.