Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ModernAristocrat

Creating the Doom 4 we wanted

AirRaid said:

If only there was some kind of alternate Doom SP project in development already.

As an aside, this has taken like 8 years with a group of people who actually know what they're doing. This shit ain't easy.

Puhleese!

1.) Install Unity
2.) Get your credit card and make Asset Shop account
3.) Mix until homogeneous
4.) Enter Steam Greenlight
5.) ???
6.) Profit

easy as pie!

(I'm joking [I think it's better to make that clear in this thread])

DoomzRules said:

The SP is going to kickass.

I have faith in Bethesda/id....

As long as this doesn't turn out to be another RAGE (man that campaign ending was so disappointing....)

I have faith in them as well being that the mp was created by another company ac
Which is known for creating generic af mp.
The single player is being done by I'd not the other company

GoatLord said:

Un-hunch the cybie and throw in more Doom 64-esque horror.

I really want a modern remake of doom 64 that would be awesome

Voros said:

Slap in some chunkier weapon sounds, then its perfect.

To be honest, only the plasma gun really disapoints me. The rest doesn't sound too bad, does it? If gun fighting and enemy movement/reaction to beeing hit is even close to Rage, I will be in heaven!!!

LittleBurger said:

Is this about the mp, or the sp which we haven't even seen yet?

^this

The Single-Player sounds like it might be alright tbh. If they just released modding tools and the community created a "Competitive DooM" i'd be happy.

Doom64guy6 said:

I really want a modern remake of doom 64 that would be awesome

Would be awesome if we got a full-on modern day next-gen remake of Doom 64 on id Tech 6, faithful to the original Doom 64 in every way, even the 3D models are based off the original sprites... that would be nice... and everything. It'd be awesome, bloody, gory, hellish, and on id Tech 6?

Oh boy, Doom 64 just got even more scary! XD

Fast paced with plenty of monsters and monster variations, variety in environments as well as what types of hazards and other such obstacles you have to traverse through. Having plenty of secrets to hunt would also help, maybe a couple of secret levels while you're at it. Also, don't be afraid to be creative with traps, so long as they're fair. In my personal opinion, Doom works best as an action game with adventure elements, where you're encouraged to poke around and see what you can find.

DoomzRules said:

Would be awesome if we got a full-on modern day next-gen remake of Doom 64 on id Tech 6, faithful to the original Doom 64 in every way, even the 3D models are based off the original sprites... that would be nice... and everything. It'd be awesome, bloody, gory, hellish, and on id Tech 6?

Oh boy, Doom 64 just got even more scary! XD

SnapMap possibilty!...
well excluding the 3D models part. Vanilla demons (2016) will act as the D64 demons, and with the help of lighting, AI tweaking, fog(?), weapon tweaking(?) and maybe some special scenes for some monster entrances, its possible to recreate that atmosphere from Doom 64.

Funny thing is: when Quake came out, I was blown away, but I missed one - very important - thing: death animations. In Quake - and basically every shooter thereafter - the model just fell down, maybe changed it's texture. It never showed the level of detail that the death animations of the FPS-sprite area did (be it Doom, Blakestone, whatever).

That's why I am looking forward to Doom 2016, as it looks like we get some of those crazy death animations back with the glory kills! Oh boy, please just don't fall on your back, but have your right front tooth pull out your eye while your rupturing spine pierces your lungs...

*gnaaahrl....when is May? WHEN?????

Voros said:

SnapMap possibilty!...
well excluding the 3D models part. Vanilla demons (2016) will act as the D64 demons, and with the help of lighting, AI tweaking, fog(?), weapon tweaking(?) and maybe some special scenes for some monster entrances, its possible to recreate that atmosphere from Doom 64.

Hopefully the new Doom takes cues from Doom 64, Quake, PSX Doom, and the original Doom for atmosphere....

I mean even the MS-DOS Doom was pretty moody, scary, and atmospheric for its time. I mean back in the day it was very realistic, very technically-advanced, and immersive. What other game was as visceral, dark, atmospheric, and bloody for its time?

HD Episode 1 skies should appear on Phobos as a nice tribute to E1....

But the whole game revolves around indoor maps. So thats not possible. And the devs have already decided to make Phobos look like it should, a barren wasteland with no remarkable sky.
*Sigh*

Voros said:

But the whole game revolves around indoor maps. So thats not possible. And the devs have already decided to make Phobos look like it should, a barren wasteland with no remarkable sky.
*Sigh*

:'(

Does this mean it's the end of the road? They aren't going to have any outdoor maps at all? Any parts of Phobos that have been terraformed with that atmospheric sky from Episode 1?

*sighs*

I guess they just don't care about us old-timers. *goes walks off and starts muttering to self about what the fuck happened to Doom*

DoomzRules said:

Does this mean it's the end of the road? They aren't going to have any outdoor maps at all? Any parts of Phobos that have been terraformed with that atmospheric sky from Episode 1?

*sighs*

I guess they just don't care about us old-timers. *goes walks off and starts muttering to self about what the fuck happened to Doom*

I wouldn't rule out outdoor parts on mars, to be honest. Just check the campaign trailer, the tower you see there plays a huge role.

And of course, hell will have outdoor maps.

DoomzRules said:

*sighs*

THERE WAS AN OUTDOOR MAP IN THE E3 2015 FOOTAGE LOLOL

CreamCheese said:

THERE WAS AN OUTDOOR MAP IN THE E3 2015 FOOTAGE LOLOL

And theyre all Hell levels, which cant be made in SnapMap. And that outdoor map, did you REALLY see a sky? same in that SP trailer. Did you see an actual sky? or just red fog?

DoomzRules said:

*sighs*

You know, for someone who was very supportative of Doom "16 you sure chose a silly reason to give up on it.

I highly doubt there wont be skies or a map that overlooks mars surface. The live-action trailer showed the doom marine passing through a window that has silhouette of a satellite dish...well...even though it's just a live-action trailer.

The Game Informer preview mentioned the player roaming across the Martian surface during the intro sequence. So yes, there will be outdoor areas on both Mars and Hell.

As for SnapMap, we'll probably get Hell modules, but not necessarily outdoor Hell modules.

ChickenOrBeef said:

The Game Informer preview mentioned the player roaming across the Martian surface during the intro sequence. So yes, there will be outdoor areas on both Mars and Hell.

As for SnapMap, we'll probably get Hell modules, but not necessarily outdoor Hell modules.

"Intro sequence", probably a scripted event, while the actual map is basically indoor.

After some thought, i dont think there will be modules of Hell available, because its too abstract to put together.

Voros said:

After some thought, i dont think there will be modules of Hell available, because its too abstract to put together.

The SnapMap leaks mentioned "Hell" themed modules (as well as "Classic" themed modules). We just don't know if they'll be available at launch or as part of the free updates post-launch.

And I don't see any reason why Hell modules couldn't work, since there are still doors in Hell. So snapping together modules via the doors would work fine.

ChickenOrBeef said:

The SnapMap leaks mentioned "Hell" themed modules (as well as "Classic" themed modules). We just don't know if they'll be available at launch or as part of the free updates post-launch.

And I don't see any reason why Hell modules couldn't work, since there are still doors in Hell. So snapping together modules via the doors would work fine.

Where do you keep finding all these leaks? Google hasnt helped me.

Well, maybe some "universal" Hell modules would work, but i highly doubt that the Hell levels we've seen so far comprimise of "SnapMap modules" entirely. Some outer "modules may have been used for very specific levels and areas.

Voros said:

Where do you keep finding all these leaks? Google hasnt helped me.

Well, maybe some "universal" Hell modules would work, but i highly doubt that the Hell levels we've seen so far comprimise of "SnapMap modules" entirely. Some outer "modules may have been used for very specific levels and areas.

Reddit

Voros said:

maybe some "universal" Hell modules would work, but i highly doubt that the Hell levels we've seen so far comprimise of "SnapMap modules" entirely.

I never said that. Of course all of the single-player areas won't be available in SnapMap. That doesn't mean there can't be a bunch of different cavernous Hell modules that can be connected with doors, almost like creating a new Elder Scrolls cave.

As for the leaks, just go to r/Doomleaks and look for the SnapMap threads.

DoomzRules said:

*sighs*

*goes walks off and starts muttering to self about what the fuck happened to gamers*

It's a fucking sky dude.