Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Frisky

Is DOOM 4 worth $60?

Master O said:

I thought video games released for the German market were heavily edited for content, especially violence?

only vs humans and they got a lot more "open minded" in the last few years

Doomkid said:

this obviously doesn't apply to those too young to work, but what the hell.

I used to rake leaves, clean gutters, shovel snow, trim hedges, etc when I was 10-15 years old so I could buy the things I wanted.

Kids be lazy these days ;P

BluePineapple72 said:

The new doom is 100% uncut in Germany so no secret Wolfenstein levels :(

In theory, they could have "Wolfenstein areas" with that newfangled "W" logo instead of swastikas, and you'd be fighting zombified Nazis instead of Human ones.

But nope, I'm not counting on it - just wishful thinking.

dsm said:

In theory, they could have "Wolfenstein areas" with that newfangled "W" logo instead of swastikas, and you'd be fighting zombified Nazis instead of Human ones.

But nope, I'm not counting on it - just wishful thinking.

Just do what the GBA version of Doom II did. Replace the swastikas with an eagle like on Bionic Commando for the NES. Then just remove any swastikas or indications that the Nazi soldiers are Nazis so they're just ambiguous guards shouting phrases like stop or halt in German. It managed to get away with it. This is how the BFG Edition should have handled it.

BloodReyvyn said:

I used to rake leaves, clean gutters, shovel snow, trim hedges, etc when I was 10-15 years old so I could buy the things I wanted.

Kids be lazy these days ;P

Ya, there is money out there to be made, even out in the country side. You just have to really want it.