Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Thrasher9000

map feedback

I died at the very beginning. I then did iddqd so I could see a bit further into the level. After realizing there were no weapons I did idkfa and walked around with the rocket launcher so I could see more of the level. I then quit.

IMO, only the start had relatively a bit good gameplay, as sawing Imps while dodging their fireballs was somewhat challenging. But then came the Pinkies, floating heads and BIGGER hordes of Imps, and all of that was just tedious all along, taking time and being neither fun nor properly challenging. I also didn't like the strong (hard on eyes) light strobing effect in one of the first rooms, the usage of a non-door texture (SUPPORT2) for a door. The Revenants in the super cramped area at the end were a cheap gimmick that didn't feel much good, but not that much bad either.

I figured that a chainsaw only map would be an acquired taste (personally I love hacking through hordes of enemies with the chainsaw, I made the map to satisfy my bloodlust)

scifista42 said:

I also didn't like the strong (hard on eyes) light strobing effect in one of the first rooms, the usage of a non-door texture (SUPPORT2) for a door. The Revenants in the super cramped area at the end were a cheap gimmick that didn't feel much good, but not that much bad either.

looks like I still have some work to do!
Thanks for taking the time to test the map and give me your thoughts, I appreciate it!