Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NightmareZer0

Brutal Doom: Hell on Earth Starter Pack Realism 100%

I have recently took up a project to beat Brutal Doom 100% on Realism Mode.

100% Kills Items and Secrets.

Here is my Playlist on Youtube so far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRah3KHmvSg&list=PL1dyfCYAD7FqwAFeNDfOCRElGKBEi_NrB&index=1

Please let me know what you think.

ALSO: If you are a wad author and would like to see me try the same thing on your wad let me know and I'll give it a shot.

I must say the video/sound quality is not too great. Also, what changes does Realism Mode have compared to regular UV?

I'd like to see you try doing that with Maps of Chaos (See ModDB link in sig) this time.

Just FYI, I don't think all maps are actually beatable on Realism Mode. Some levels require some pretty long jumps to get to other areas and Realism Mode significantly reduces your movement speed. I actually did a full playthrough on Realism Mode, but I modified the difficulty setting to bring back the original movement speed.

Anyway, good luck, you'll need it, especially for MAP27

rileymartin said:

I must say the video/sound quality is not too great. Also, what changes does Realism Mode have compared to regular UV?

I've tried to play it and it's just too hardcore. Pretty much every enemy can headshot you, even the imps can take you down in one shot. You have to take cover constantly. Interestingly, you can headshot most enemies very easily in this mode.

ArchvileHunter said:

Just FYI, I don't think all maps are actually beatable on Realism Mode. Some levels require some pretty long jumps to get to other areas and Realism Mode significantly reduces your movement speed. I actually did a full playthrough on Realism Mode, but I modified the difficulty setting to bring back the original movement speed.

Anyway, good luck, you'll need it, especially for MAP27

Thanks. This is really really hard to do. Countless number of retrys. I'm up to map 5.

Also I used Hypercam. I know the quality isn't the best.

Mr.Chris: I'll give Maps of Chaos a go.

That's inspiring and crazy, playing on Realism and aiming for 100% on all maps, that's gonna take a shitload of time to get done, well you better have a lot of patience, cuz' HOEST is a tough megawad.

360p @ 10fps. This is unwatchable. Download OBS, record at a high bitrate, then compress with Handbrake.

Realism/Pistol Start is the way to go. It's so much more fun.

I can attest that it is beatable. To make up for the slower run speed, you'll have to make use of the rolling maneuver, especially on some of the bosses. And I think some of the platforming might require jump-kicking in order to get enough distance.