Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Doom64guy6

Snapmap and sp

Soooo is anyone excited for the livestream of snapmap on monday as well as the sp on Wednesday?
I hope many questions are answered.

I for one, can't wait.

I am, I sort of think they should have done something like it to begin with. Maybe a sprinkling or more about sp and snapmap before they just solely focused on mp as part of some advertising campaign of sorts.

ShadesMaster said:

I won't miss it for the world! That, plus Romero's new game is announced Monday as well!

Wow, for real I didn't know awesome

Doom64guy6 said:

Soooo is anyone excited for the livestream of snapmap on monday as well as the sp on Wednesday?
I hope many questions are answered.

I for one, can't wait.

I cant wait! :) It start 21:00 here in Sweden tomorrow. I have some beer and chocolate ready for it.

Even if i was begging for some SP footage in the past, i am now at the point that i won´t watch it to not get spoiled. At least i have to force myself to resist as good as possible. But i will watch the snapmap stream and hope to see some demons in action.
Maybe they create a short level/area and play it then. Lets see, i am curious as hell.

On their site it says they will be showing several levels of the game! Can't wait to finally see more new SP footage! ! ! !

Enforcer said:

On their site it says they will be showing several levels of the game! Can't wait to finally see more new SP footage! ! ! !

Ya man, can't wait to see some fucking carnage!

TheWizard said:

Ya man, can't wait to see some fucking carnage!

And I can´t wait to see people complain about it. Honestly, as excited as I am for this, I can´t shake off that awful feeling I have about the reveal.

watstha said:

And I can´t wait to see people complain about it. Honestly, as excited as I am for this, I can´t shake off that awful feeling I have about the reveal.

Of course people will complain about it, this game is full of "QTE" finishers and people don't like those.

AnonimVio said:

Of course people will complain about it, this game is full of "QTE" finishers and people don't like those.

I don't think you know what QTEs are.

You know I was thinking about the few people complaining about the glory kills. In my mind it is no different to pressing a reload button and seeing your character take x amount of seconds to reload it.

In Dooms case your ripping up demons instead. I know what I prefer if I had a choice.

archvile82 said:

You know I was thinking about the few people complaining about the glory kills. In my mind it is no different to pressing a reload button and seeing your character take x amount of seconds to reload it.

In Dooms case your ripping up demons instead. I know what I prefer if I had a choice.

I'm assuming they may not be required to get far in the game as well, if the enemies dropping ammo/health from getting killed normally as seen in some of the older vids stays true. I guess we will learn some next week.

I sort of wonder how common will the enemies glow (for glory kills), and if we could turn off the glow.

I wouldn't have thought so, they are just giving the player various ways to play the game. Your going to get some that want to glory kill everything and others using weapons mostly. It's should create am interesting element of resource management.

I personally like the highlighting when there low on health, it shows the suit has more going on than just body armor, maybe this will be described in the story. I can understand why people don't like it so they may have an option to turn it off, a bit like bioshock had to turn off highlights on pickups.

I hope it's more than Prefab rooms. I hope you can create your own rooms (Technically that's not so hard to do).

Tuaam said:

I hope it's more than Prefab rooms. I hope you can create your own rooms (Technically that's not so hard to do).

Would be cool if you could ATLEAST go into "prefab mode" where you can create your own prefabs rooms using prefab walls and floors. That way it will still look really good and it would still work on consoles. Sigh, at least there will be some sort of level editor in the end.

archvile82 said:

I wouldn't have thought so, they are just giving the player various ways to play the game. Your going to get some that want to glory kill everything and others using weapons mostly. It's should create am interesting element of resource management.

I personally like the highlighting when there low on health, it shows the suit has more going on than just body armor, maybe this will be described in the story. I can understand why people don't like it so they may have an option to turn it off, a bit like bioshock had to turn off highlights on pickups.

I sort of view the highlighting when low on health for demons sort of unneeded, when the enemies glory killed in some of the older vids (that seemed like they showed some version of sp, likely some older version) seemed to do some little stunned/stumbling animation (the e3 reveal has some of this, though there is a part in the campaign trailer where there is a cacodemon just sitting there that I assume is glorykilled before it jump cuts to the player glory killing some other cacodemon, and then doing a air glory kill on a imp).

Though if they went with a more subtler animation in the final product (or maybe the enemies that can be glory killed move a little slower than the normal ones), then I can see the use of needing the glow (if that is the case, then maybe a slider for the power of the glow would be good for tweaking how bright it pops up in game). I don't know maybe it's just the excess glow that gets me (sort of stands out a little to much and takes away from the ambience some).

I think it might be cool to have the option to view glory kills in 3rd person in snap map or something. I'm sure i am in the vast minority on this because im sure people would say it takes you out of the action. I just think it might be kinda neat to see the animations in 3rd person :)

I found glory kills to look kind of janky in 3rd person, like they'd been mostly optimized to look best from the perspective of the one performing them, rather understandably as that'll be what's shown most of the time.

TheWizard said:

Would be cool if you could ATLEAST go into "prefab mode" where you can create your own prefabs rooms using prefab walls and floors. That way it will still look really good and it would still work on consoles. Sigh, at least there will be some sort of level editor in the end.

They're going to update it over time, though.

Tuaam said:

They're going to update it over time, though.

True. Honestly though, I think the biggest selling point to me is the ability to make custom game modes. Like a form of "tower defence" (maybe?) And cool things like that.

Jaxxoon R said:

I found glory kills to look kind of janky in 3rd person, like they'd been mostly optimized to look best from the perspective of the one performing them, rather understandably as that'll be what's shown most of the time.

Ya, most FPS games that try melding 3rd person finishing moves typically fail...What did you think of Deus Ex Human Revolution takedowns? I actually really liked them. Yes, they were a little clunky and slow, but I think Doom's fast glory kills could be cool. And to be honest, I think that keeping the GK's in First Person is the best, but just being able to have the option to zoom the camera out would be cool. nothing major at all.

The whole SnapMap itself sort of reminds me of the map editor in Timesplitters. Which is a good thing for me at least in that aspect, as I liked that series (even though that one will likely never see the light of day again).

I have to wonder, will the 4 players limit thing count bots as part of the limit? Or would those be counted separately?

LittleBurger said:

The whole SnapMap itself sort of reminds me of the map editor in Timesplitters. Which is a good thing for me at least in that aspect, as I liked that series (even though that one will likely never see the light of day again).

I have to wonder, will the 4 players limit thing count bots as part of the limit? Or would those be counted separately?

The game has multiplayer bots?