Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Silverforte

Anyone interested in console doom multi?

Basically what I'm asking, 360 doom preferable as ps3 doom is laggy and unreliable. It's completely dead nowadays but I miss the old coop and dm days. I find classic vanilla doom runs well on a controller so it plays well. If it's not an option I'd be fine with pc but I only want to play vanilla doom dm, meaning no free look or jumping, or skulltag weapons. Console is more convenient for me though.

Well, I doubt that anyone plays classic Doom on consoles here, but if you want old-school PC multiplayer, there's a port called Odamex, although, again, not a lot of people play it.

Silverforte said:

Basically what I'm asking, 360 doom preferable as ps3 doom is laggy and unreliable. It's completely dead nowadays but I miss the old coop and dm days. I find classic vanilla doom runs well on a controller so it plays well. If it's not an option I'd be fine with pc but I only want to play vanilla doom dm, meaning no free look or jumping, or skulltag weapons. Console is more convenient for me though.

ChekaAgent said:

Well, I doubt that anyone plays classic Doom on consoles here, but if you want old-school PC multiplayer, there's a port called Odamex, although, again, not a lot of people play it.

You do realize that his definition of "vanilla" is regularly played on zdeamon and zandronum right? If he wants actual vanilla he should hit up Doomkid for chocolate doom. You can also play Zandronum with a 360 controller, not sure about the other ports.

Yeah I dunno what version exactly the 360 port of doom was. I know it's not strictly original "vanilla", but that's the "version" I want to play, even if it's not on console.

Thank you, I'll try to get this working after school ends, so after the first week of may.

Yeah I've used zandronum in the past, didn't know it worked with 360 controllers though, I'll have to redownload it.

I'm still up for console doom though, if anyone else reads this, it's a lot easier to set up for me.

Silverforte said:

Hey Silverforte, count me in. I've been looking for someone to play some classic mp on the 360, indeed I just joined here so's as to reply to you. Shame the old xbox servers are long dead, as the ports that came with the xbox RoE are way better than the 360 versions, but hey ho. I agree with you, console play is simply more convenient, especially right now as my pc is goosed.

Anyway, my XBL GT is Andes Attack, feel free to msg / add me and I'll see you online :)