Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AnonimVio

Possibly new trailer? (GONE NOW, SPOILERS AHEAD)

Enforcer said:

So I believe this is our Launch Trailer! GOD IT LOOKS AMAZING! ! ! ! Oh. .and what's up with that robot dude?

If that truly is it, than it's worse than the latest Terminator trailer, which gave the plot twist away. I certainly hope that is not the case :(

tuo said:

If that truly is it, than it's worse than the latest Terminator trailer, which gave the plot twist away. I certainly hope that is not the case :(

Heh I agree, unless they have something up their sleeve. Terminator wasn't even all that bad but damn they spoiled the whole thing.

We should be talking about that music though, IMO. It's the only non-spoiler thing (in a way). The music was probably the best E1M1 cover I've ever heard.

It seems like ArchVile can hover above ground! That explains his wings in the leaked pics. Awesome! ArchVile is one of the most badass Demons. I'm glad they treated him with respect that this fucker deserves!

TheWizard said:

Heh I agree, unless they have something up their sleeve. Terminator wasn't even all that bad but damn they spoiled the whole thing.

We should be talking about that music though, IMO. It's the only non-spoiler thing (in a way). The music was probably the best E1M1 cover I've ever heard.

There was music? Damn. I only watched it two times, and was too distracted wading through some audio files in my head to verify what I just saw :(

TheMightyHeracross said:

Oh please, this trailer didn't spoil much.

"The only man between our world and theirs"

Aw shit, that was supposed to be the big reveal! :P

WOOOOOOOOOOOW. Spoiler bro!

TheMightyHeracross said:

Oh please, this trailer didn't spoil much.

"The only man between our world and theirs"

Aw shit, that was supposed to be the big reveal! :P

Wait till you play the game. This trailer spoiled something very important, which people who heard the audio files from the alpha discussed for quite some time.

Edit: of course not what you wrote. That thing - while it should be in spoiler tags - has been discussed here already.

Edit edit: you won't realize from the trailer that it is spoiling you. But you will realize it in the game within maybe the first hour of play. Similar to the "would you kindly" of Bioshock or the "cake" from Portal, if you catch my drift.

Looks like a launch trailer for the single player campaign.

Don't forget that we know nothing about the story and this feels like they're just introducing it.

I'm guessing they'll release this officially soon.

Funnily enough, as soon as right after I watched it, the video was taken down. But since I left the tab open I can still replay it as many times as I want... weird. I really like the robot, by the way, I wonder if he's going to serve as a sort of Zero to Doomguy's X or something.

Jaxxoon R said:

Funnily enough, as soon as right after I watched it, the video was taken down. But since I left the tab open I can still replay it as many times as I want... weird. I really like the robot, by the way, I wonder if he's going to serve as a sort of Zero to Doomguy's X or something.

You can even fish it out from your temporary internet files, if you want to.

hardcore_gamer said:

Let me guess what the spoiler is...the doom marine is a robot.

You nailed it!

I kind of wish we could play as the robot, now. It'd be rad as fuck to slice demons up with that lightsaber battleaxe sword thing he's got.

TheMightyHeracross said:

He reminds me of Faceless Void from DOTA (I only watch sometimes, I don't play):

Good spot

Pretty awesome how this trailer is an analogy of Doom players. In the words of Samuel (If he is Samuel): "*Laughs* You´ve returned"
Meaning, we as players, have returned to the world of Doom. Pretty cool concept of us being the hero of the story, and also made in a much better way than "You are Big Boss."