Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AnonimVio

Possibly new trailer? (GONE NOW, SPOILERS AHEAD)

DMGUYDZ64 said:

The shielded zombie ?

No, not the Zombie with the blue shield. I mean that Robot from the trailer. It talks something to the Doomguy? and later you see him with some kind of a red light sword.

Otus said:

No, not the Zombie with the blue shield. I mean that Robot from the trailer. It talks something to the Doomguy? and later you see him with some kind of a red light sword.

NPC

Otus said:

I Suppose it's a robot made by UAC, Since it looked like Doomslayer (Doomguy) was captured by themĀ , I Suppose he was talking with Doomguy when he was still not Free'd .

DMGUYDZ64 said:

It looked like Doomslayer (Doomguy i suppose) was captured by UAC for studies and stuff like that, and then followed by demons to the UAC Base, then escaped , and now he has to fight the Intruders or idk ...

I saw that trailer, i liked it, the opening scene with the marine being chained and then breaking free was awesome, it reminds me of a scene in Blade.

Doomslayer, huh? This should be an interesting dilemma...

Unless of course, he's a different character from Doomguy, just like the many different Links from the Zelda series and Mario and Paper Mario, which were proven to be different characters in Mario and Luigi: Paper Jam.

(I deliberately didn't watch the trailer, by the way, just for the sake of not wanting to be spoiled. That also goes to not clicking on the stream threads; I do not want to be spoiled by them, no siree!

DMGUYDZ64 said:

I Suppose it's a robot made by UAC, Since it looked like Doomslayer (Doomguy) was captured by themĀ , I Suppose he was talking with Doomguy when he was still not Free'd .

It's Samuel Hayden. It even says so in the stream, and is what many of us said the whole time. It is not VEGA.

DMGUYDZ64 said:

I didn't say so .

I know. It's just that everyone says that "robot" is VEGA since they saw the leaked trailer :) Gladly, the single player stream cleared that one up.

I guess (and it is not more than a guess) we saw VEGA during the SnapMap stream.

HavoX said:

Doomslayer, huh? This should be an interesting dilemma...

Unless of course, he's a different character from Doomguy, just like the many different Links from the Zelda series and Mario and Paper Mario, which were proven to be different characters in Mario and Luigi: Paper Jam.

(I deliberately didn't watch the trailer, by the way, just for the sake of not wanting to be spoiled. That also goes to not clicking on the stream threads; I do not want to be spoiled by them, no siree!

Just think how stupid it would sound if the enemies or story in general referred to you as the "Doomguy"

Good point, but they could also just refer to the player as "marine." It worked in Doom 3, did it not?

Possible Spoilers ahead

Spoiler

So i just wanna say this, but my take on the trailer is that You play as the original doom guy and you were found/retrieved from hell and extracted from your armor (as the armor looks like it was encased in a tomb or something). You where probably asleep for a long period of time and eventually awake when all hell breaks loose and you're off to kick hell and its demons ass all over again. The shots of the armor, the robot's (his name is Samuel Hayden/VEGA) dialogue "you've returned" etc, all seem to point to something like this. As story person; I really like this idea. I mean think about it how badass would it be to get to play as the OG DoomGuy vs a reboot version of him?

Nineball said:

Possible Spoilers ahead

Spoiler

So i just wanna say this, but my take on the trailer is that You play as the original doom guy and you were found/retrieved from hell and extracted from your armor (as the armor looks like it was encased in a tomb or something). You where probably asleep for a long period of time and eventually awake when all hell breaks loose and you're off to kick hell and its demons ass all over again. The shots of the armor, the robot's (his name is Samuel Hayden) dialogue "you've returned" etc, all seem to point to something like this. As story person; I really like this idea. I mean think about it how badass would it be to get to play as the OG DoomGuy vs a reboot version of him?

Yeah, I was thinking the exact same thing, and maybe:

Spoiler

This takes place after Doom 64, where Doomguy decides to stay in hell, where he gets the armor upgrade from one of the realms (Argent DĀ“nur), which could also imply that the Doomslayer found a few allies in Hell.

Nineball said:

Possible Spoilers ahead

Spoiler

So i just wanna say this, but my take on the trailer is that You play as the original doom guy and you were found/retrieved from hell and extracted from your armor (as the armor looks like it was encased in a tomb or something). You where probably asleep for a long period of time and eventually awake when all hell breaks loose and you're off to kick hell and its demons ass all over again. The shots of the armor, the robot's (his name is Samuel Hayden) dialogue "you've returned" etc, all seem to point to something like this. As story person; I really like this idea. I mean think about it how badass would it be to get to play as the OG DoomGuy vs a reboot version of him?

Spoiler

I think this is basically the idea they are trying to imply somehow, because there are many obvious references to the classic games in the story and his background.

watstha said:

Yeah, I was thinking the exact same thing, and maybe:

Spoiler

This takes place after Doom 64, where Doomguy decides to stay in hell, where he gets the armor upgrade from one of the realms (Argent DĀ“nur), which could also imply that the Doomslayer found a few allies in Hell.

Spoiler

God i hope this is the case. DooM 64 is my favorite out of all the games so for them to pay homage to doom 64 would be great. Also this does make perfect sense. Since yeah, he did stay behind.

Im sorry, but can anyone post a link/upload a 360p version of the trailer? My device doesnt support HD, so yeah :(

Thx.

And HavoX, the "marine" in Doom 3 was an actual marine. Doom 2016's Doomguy is another thing, according to the leaks.

These connections with Doom64 and 2016 might suggest that it is a sequel to Doom 64 (at least, its possible for it to be a sequel)

but no Nightmare versions though!

Nineball said:

Spoiler

God i hope this is the case. DooM 64 is my favorite out of all the games so for them to pay homage to doom 64 would be great. Also this does make perfect sense. Since yeah, he did stay behind.

Spoiler

The way the story is told, doomguy could be anyone, from the original Doomguy in Classic Doom, to the one in Doom 64, to Blaskowicz in Wolfenstein...he could even be one of the Heretic/Hexen characters, or any hero in any other game/movie/story...but he would always be the same beeing, the Doomslayer/Hellwalker. It would all fit in, and I think they did a great job forging the lore like that. I REALLY like it! It's totally stupid (in a good way), and thus perfect :)

Watched it on another device

Spoiler

The way VEGA says "you've returned" must mean that it knew about Doomguy and his battles against Hell all along, possibly meaning that the UAC also knew.
But why the evil laugh IDK.
And how Doomguy is the "only flesh and blood"to travel both dimensions and live, surely must prove that VEGA or/and the UAC have a history record of Doomguy somewhere.
If we take Doom, Doom 2 and Doom 64, it makes sense in a way: Doomguy fights for humanity on Phobos, then on Deimos, then in Hell, then on Earth, then again in Hell, then back in the abandoned moon bases, then once again in Hell. If i'm correct and Doomguy in Doom 64 stays in Hell in the end, then Doom 2016 might fit as the sequel to Doom 64, cause it is shown that Doomguy arises in a tomb from Hell.

Im glad Doomguy is still human, albeit a powerful one, not some humanoid creature.

Voros said:

Watched it on another device

Spoiler

The way VEGA says "you've returned" must mean that it knew about Doomguy and his battles against Hell all along, possibly meaning that the UAC also knew.
But why the evil laugh IDK.
And how Doomguy is the "only flesh and blood"to travel both dimensions and live, surely must prove that VEGA or/and the UAC have a history record of Doomguy somewhere.
If we take Doom, Doom 2 and Doom 64, it makes sense in a way: Doomguy fights for humanity on Phobos, then on Deimos, then in Hell, then on Earth, then again in Hell, then back in the abandoned moon bases, then once again in Hell. If i'm correct and Doomguy in Doom 64 stays in Hell in the end, then Doom 2016 might fit as the sequel to Doom 64, cause it is shown that Doomguy arises in a tomb from Hell.

Im glad Doomguy is still human, albeit a powerful one, not some humanoid creature.

Yeah, that's almost tje same thing I wrote, except that is not VEGA, but rather Samuel Hayden.

I dont think he is any doomguys from old games. Some of the audio logs reveal that Doomguy was around "eons" ago as an ancient, legendary warrior who wields a sword. Then he gets trapped and buried. I don't think that the military doomguys from any other game fits this description.

Those doomguys are just soldiers while this doomguy/doomslayer/hellwalker is a completely different person.

Heejyhorang said:

I dont think he is any doomguys from old games. Some of the audio logs reveal that Doomguy was around "eons" ago as an ancient, legendary warrior who wields a sword. Then he gets trapped and buried. I don't think that the military doomguys from any other game fits this description.

Those doomguys are just soldiers while this doomguy/doomslayer/hellwalker is a completely different person.

His background is not exactly the same representation, but you get the idea that they've tried to make a really close representation of the original Doomguy, there are may references; even calling him ancient, being present for eons and mentioning his return is part of that representation, because the character has existed for many years now and they've just brought back the series inspired by the originals, see what they did there?

watstha said:

Yeah, that's almost tje same thing I wrote, except that is not VEGA, but rather Samuel Hayden.

In the Doom 3 Novels, I remember there was a General Hayden. Probably no connection but the name sounded familiar.

Finally downloaded from Dailymotion!

Spoiler

could that sword be Doomguy's sword mentioned in the leaks?

And who is this Samuel Hayden??

Could the scene with the credits actually going to be the credits scene in the game? a movie of Doomguy slaughtering demons, with each killed demon brings in a block of text, a name to be precise.

Dont know why, but im thinking of what demon, weapon, area and style will be chosen for Marty's name.

I was fortunate enough to catch this mirrored after a visit to /v/ (I knew they would be on top of this) last time, it was pretty cool, even if it wasn't finished and possibly leaked. This seems to be more story-heavy than previous installments of the series, but I like how none of the lore gets in the way and is optional for the player to investigate.

Also, if the Doomslayer really was the guy from D1/2/64 (I consider 64 canon to the original two) that would be awesome.

Around 00:05-00:07, is that a Hellknight to which causes Doomguy's adrenaline to spike?

Possibly this trailer was the original "Fight Like Hell" video, but scrapped due to too many spoilers and all that.

Voros said:

Around 00:05-00:07, is that a Hellknight to which causes Doomguy's adrenaline to spike?

Possibly this trailer was the original "Fight Like Hell" video, but scrapped due to too many spoilers and all that.

Do you mean the thing to the right of him? Thought it might be a Revenant. The guys on the left look more like zombie-scientists, don't they?

Damn! this is awesome!

is that e1m1 theme "at doom's gate"... OH YESSSS

Spoiler

looks like the doomguy suffered from injuries travelling through the gate to mars, he's the only man who succeeded and still alive.. puts on some armor, picks up a shotgun and start kicking demon's asses..

this is how Doom should start..