Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Clonehunter

"I'm Not Ashamed"

Quasar, with New History we no longer need to worry about those pesky "fact" things, we can simply claim persecution based on fiction even though we're the majority and have the greatest influence in legislative changes! Yipee, revisionism is fun!

Ribbiks said:

it's distributed by pure flix, not produced. point being, someone expecting them to be similar (i.e. more comedy gold like god's not dead, (presumably) god's not dead 2, do you believe, etc, which were produced by pure flix and shared writing staff) will probably be disappointed.

I know it's not the point of the thread, so sorry for being pedantic, but this is a special subclass of so-bad-it's-good movies that I find particularly entertaining :)

From a technical standpoint the movie looks fine, and even though the director has only one other completed movie on his IMDB page, it's rated at 7.1/10---which is usually decent.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0061982/?ref_=tt_ov_dr

My guess is that if the movie is bad, it won't be for any technical reasons, but for being too preachy.

Quasar said:

Evangelicals will take any negative event and twist it into their "Christian persecution" narrative, while meanwhile controlling the most radical, historical revisionist, fascist party to exist since the 1930's, hell bent on dragging us back to their fictional version of the 1950s where the wimmin wore aprons and the non-white folks knew their place. And if your job didn't pay shit, you kept your mouth shut and worked even harder because that was the American Way.

For evangelicals, not being able to force everyone to agree with them is oppression, and not getting their way in determining how society is run is persecution. Not being able to punish and ruin the lives of people who don't do the things they want them to do is an attack on themselves. The existence of a single atheist is a threat to national security, and the fact that one of them might have been a psychotic school shooter proves how they're all waiting to crawl out of the woodwork like cockroaches and slaughter Christians in the streets!

I don't understand how such reversed logic thinking can be bared to broad daylight and not wither immediately under the criticism of a billion angry voices.

That's a bit of a generalization, don't you think? That's like saying all Muslims are terrorists or that all Atheists are self righteous ego-centric pricks.

MetroidJunkie said:

That's a bit of a generalization, don't you think? That's like saying all Muslims are terrorists or that all Atheists are self righteous ego-centric pricks.

OK how about all the ones I've known personally (including most members of my extended family), and virtually all I've ever encountered on the Internet? And those who aren't actively doing those things still enable them, by tithing at churches that preach hate from the pulpits.

You're basing that on your own experiences, you can't say that's true for all churches. The church I go to has a very loving pastor who always emphasizes God's love, not God's condemnation. I don't know what denominations of church you're referring to but I'm Pentecostal and the people I've been exposed to have been very friendly and even loving. Obviously, our pastor has to address issues and things that are morally wrong but that doesn't mean it's preaching hate. That seems to be a common fault with humanity, we take our own experiences and apply it broadly across the board, making the assumption that exceptions don't exist.

Quasar said:

OK how about all the ones I've known personally (including most members of my extended family), and virtually all I've ever encountered on the Internet? And those who aren't actively doing those things still enable them, by tithing at churches that preach hate from the pulpits.

After the Charlie Hebdo massacre, I heard a lot of stuff like "It is terrible that they were killed...BUT they should not have drawn the prophet!". Total wife-beater defense

Guest MIND

Being as big fans of Doom as they were I wonder if Eric and Dylan posted on this forum or played with some it's members during 1996-1998.

MINDustry said:

Being as big fans of Doom as they were I wonder if Eric and Dylan posted on this forum or played with some it's members during 1996-1998.

Doomworld didn't exist until 1998, and the forum didn't exist until 2000.

MetroidJunkie said:

You're basing that on your own experiences, you can't say that's true for all churches. The church I go to has a very loving pastor who always emphasizes God's love, not God's condemnation. I don't know what denominations of church you're referring to but I'm Pentecostal and the people I've been exposed to have been very friendly and even loving. Obviously, our pastor has to address issues and things that are morally wrong but that doesn't mean it's preaching hate. That seems to be a common fault with humanity, we take our own experiences and apply it broadly across the board, making the assumption that exceptions don't exist.

Right, but that's why I specifically singled out the Evangelical movement, since it's usually where the offenders come from. There are churches such as the United Methodists who don't waste their time on these hateful things that bring people down. And likewise, they also don't go around claiming that there is discrimination against or persecution of Christians in the United States, and making movies portraying every one that has died as a martyr.

Aww that's cute. Christians trying to make the "Rachel Scott was a Martyr" argument again. For fuck sake it's getting old. I'm sorry, but I don't give a shit that she was the first killed, there were other victims who died. I find it disrespectful to the others how people center around Scott.

After the Charlie Hebdo massacre, I heard a lot of stuff like "It is terrible that they were killed...BUT they should not have drawn the prophet!". Total wife-beater defense

Now this might be just me, but I have a feeling people who defend the prophet are more likely to be Muslim than Evangelicals.

Yeah, that shows that you have true respect for a saddening school shooting when you wanna do a fucking movie on It that's half-ass and Is completely cringeworthy, and only focused on one person and not the other poor people who were murdered that day.

Are we going to have a movie based on the conspiracy theory that Obama Is a lizard? Are we gonna have a movie based on the theory that everything Is Illuminati?

I'm sorry, I have much empathy for the victim's and their parents, but please EXPLAIN to me on how this Is a good Idea? And from what I could tell, this Is from the creators of "God Is Dead", so I can tell this Is going to be full on Christian crap and only focusing on this one girl.

Won't be seeing this movie, just like I didn't see "God Is Dead".

Good lord this is making me LOL for all the wrong reasons!

MetroidJunkie said:

Of this girl or the tragedy in general? Because...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yGu_31R9bc

You know I am going go out on the limb and say something.. If it had been Jerry Sandusky's Awesome Excellent Day the press would have been worse... I am not gonna play H-Doom but for fucks sakes people make to much big deal about it...

Coopersville said:

So her family is still banking off of Columbine after 19 years?

I was thinking the same thing, especially after learning that her parents apparently have earned quite a bit from book sales and using her as some kind of flagship martyr for the event as a whole.

I'm surprised that the teacher, the guy who did his damnedest to help get other kids to safety, doesn't have more recognition. Every death was tragic, but somehow I feel like his should be a bit more known, if only for the reported attempts of heroism. I can't even remember his name off hand.

PureSlime said:

I really, really thought we were done with the Doom/Columbine nonsense.

As far as any trailer or report has said, the film has nothing to do with Doom. I wouldn't put it past the film makers to include a reference or brief appearance of it, but in doing so it would probably serve not to to blame or put it down, but just so show it as something of their world, similar to their (Harris/Klebold) affinity for Natural Born Killers. But again, it's difficult to probe how much the film will even look at them in general.

So far the backlash could just be due to how the film company is marketing the film. The film makers themselves, while perhaps still having goals that are questionable, may have employed more tact than we are being led to believe due to the agenda'd marketing. It's difficult to tell, though there's a lot to be wary about for certain.

nxGangrel said:

Aww that's cute. Christians trying to make the "Rachel Scott was a Martyr" argument again. For fuck sake it's getting old. I'm sorry, but I don't give a shit that she was the first killed, there were other victims who died. I find it disrespectful to the others how people center around Scott.

I am a christian, and I agree with you.