Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MrDeAD1313

DOOM Xbox One preloading already?

I assume the vast majority of the assets are finalized and there's no way they're being changed at this point, so it's just good manners to let people preload it all at their leisure.

Gotcha. Was just surprised at it updating at that size this early. Was gonna check steam but I highly HIGHLY doubt it's ready for preload there.

MrDeAD1313 said:

Gotcha. Was just surprised at it updating at that size this early. Was gonna check steam but I highly HIGHLY doubt it's ready for preload there.

Preloading usaully doesn't happen on steam till like 48 hours until launch

Someone at Microsoft probably just pushed the wrong button

I would be extremely surprised, but maybe they're going to sneak in a SP demo? Nah, most likely not...but damn this is very early.

Seems like there's been a ton of incorrect button pushing lately. I bet the folks at id are pulling their hair out right about now.

Jaxxoon R said:

Seems like there's been a ton of incorrect button pushing lately. I bet the folks at id are pulling their hair out right about now.

That or everything has been done on purpose.

LittleBurger said:

That or everything has been done on purpose.

I'm a firm believer that this is the case. Id software has always surrounded themselves in "controversy"

It installed fully on Xbox. When I launch it I'm redirected to the store page it tells me that it's now available for preloading. Still, this is quite early for a preload. Anybody preorder the digital copy on ps4?

The pre-load option has been there for at least a week or two. It's not a mistake - Microsoft has done the same with multiple games already. Recently, you could pre-load the latest Dark Souls weeks before release.

If I'm not mistaken, Microsoft has a marketing deal with Bethesda (I think they also did with From Software for Dark Souls), so it makes sense they'd allow this early compared to PC and PS4. Like Linguica said, all the assets are finished already.

Of course this reminds me that I'm gonna have to wait to install it on launch day and won't be able to preload it at all because I'm old fashioned and I like to have a physical copy.

PureSlime said:

Of course this reminds me that I'm gonna have to wait to install it on launch day and won't be able to preload it at all because I'm old fashioned and I like to have a physical copy.

This irks me too. Especially if there is a day-one-patch the size of two small suns. If there is a 45 gb download, that would mean I could not play day one (not the fastest internet connection here).

Actually thinking about preordering on steam if there is preload, just to make sure.

I'm hoping a good part of the game comes on-disc in the physical copy so it lessens the download time. With Fallout 4, I think it was something like a third of the game? I don't remember.

Anywho, I'm glad that we switched our internet package over. Otherwise I'd be in the same boat, having to wait that download overnight.

At old good times quake 3 test come out without any restrictions, and closed version. And mysterious pk3 was "hacked" in one day.

Hm, 45 gigs, I was thinking about 60-80 gigs for new doom, so we will see soon. At friday the 13 th.

BJBlazko said:

At old good times quake 3 test come out without any restrictions, and closed version. And mysterious pk3 was "hacked" in one day.

Hm, 45 gigs, I was thinking about 60-80 gigs for new doom, so we will see soon. At friday the 13 th.
http://www.geeksofdoom.com/GoD/img/2015/02/friday-the-13th.jpg

IIRC, the pre-loads are encrypted until release day. Unless someone has the key, the shouldn't be able the break the encryption.

That's the theory.

We'll see what happens in practice. Then again, it's so close to launch that even I (and that means a lot) are no longer interested in leaks (and I am a sucker for spoilers).

Won't be surprised if people try and look inside the content files before release day.

It's on a hard drive and I'm pretty sure the technically inclined can pull it out, connect to a PC, look around and put it back in the XB1.

Yeah fuck that though. For some reason I didn't think to take the hdd out lol I haven't opened it up to prevent voiding any warranty nonsense incase it decides to crap out on me in the next year. But duh, that's a total no brainer that slipped me.

Glaice said:

It's on a hard drive and I'm pretty sure the technically inclined can pull it out, connect to a PC, look around and put it back in the XB1.

You don't even need to pull it out. The Xbox 360 & One can install games onto an external hard-drive.

Edward850 said:

You don't even need to pull it out. The Xbox 360 & One can install games onto an external hard-drive.

This is also true. Either way I'm not doing it but surely someone will.