Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest MIND

This Game

Guest MIND

Now that I've seen some Single Player footage and Snap Map footage I'm even more eager to get my hands on this thing. The "speed" is fine. I don't know why everyone and their sister was bitching about it. Gameplay is intense as hell and the music kicks ass. This is definetley as good as the originals if not better with the graphics. Doom 3 looked like shit so it's much better than Doom 3 already.

My only hope is that more tools will be released for SnapMap in the future. One that will allow it to be more in depth.

The game looks Satanic as shit which should piss Christians off.

All in all it looks good.

MINDustry said:

I mean... you're a demon slayer. That sounds pretty righteous to me. More likely to offend people scared of violence than religious people.

This game uses body parts as keys and violently ripping and tearing through demons...probably gonna rustle some jimmies and stir up controversy in the future...most likely tumblr....

#Demonlivesmatter

Guest MIND

Wouldn't it be hilarious if the game was released on 4/20 instead of May? Now THAT would be grounds for a whole lot of controversy.

TheMightyHeracross said:

I mean... you're a demon slayer. That sounds pretty righteous to me. More likely to offend people scared of violence than religious people.

I'm a Christian and I'm a fan of Doom, myself. The demons are the enemy, it's not trying to present them in a favorable light.

MINDustry said:

MINDustry said:

Wouldn't it be hilarious if the game was released on 4/20 instead of May? Now THAT would be grounds for a whole lot of controversy.

You must be 18 or older to post on Doomworld. Saying Doom 3 looks like shit is ignorant as hell considering how advanced it looked back in '04. Also, just like last time, the only people being pissed off will be gamers unhappy with the gameplay mechanics. Also, nobody fucking cares about 4/20 or finds smoking weed edgy aside from stupid kids.

Guest MIND
rileymartin said:

You must be 18 or older to post on Doomworld. Saying Doom 3 looks like shit is ignorant as hell considering how advanced it looked back in '04. Also, just like last time, the only people being pissed off will be gamers unhappy with the gameplay mechanics. Also, nobody fucking cares about 4/20 or finds smoking weed edgy aside from stupid kids.

That's not what I meant by 4/20. Not weed. A certain "event" happened on 4/20 years ago and DOOM took a lot of the blame for it.

It would be hilarious had the game been released on 4/20/2016.

MINDustry said:

That's not what I meant by 4/20. Not weed. A certain "event" happened on 4/20 years ago and DOOM took a lot of the blame for it.

Releasing Doom on the anniversary of columbine would be in pretty fucking poor taste. Yes doom got alot of the flak for it, but that's just cruel and inhuman, it would not be hilarious or funny.

Guest MIND
Lord_Kane said:

Releasing Doom on the anniversary of columbine would be in pretty fucking poor taste. Yes doom got alot of the flak for it, but that's just cruel and inhuman, it would not be hilarious or funny.

It would've been one hell of a troll.

rileymartin said:

You must be 18 or older to post on Doomworld.

Actually it's 13, based on the registration page. Otherwise there is actually no age restriction at all.

MINDustry said:

Ah right, my bad. That would be more in poor taste than hilarious though.

MINDustry said:

It would've been one hell of a troll.

What? its not even a funny troll, it just being cruel for being cruel's sake.

You are literally making fun of people who lost loved ones in a tragedy that did not need to happen, that is just not right.

I worry about your mental health if you think that is at all acceptable.

Guest MIND
Lord_Kane said:

What? its not even a funny troll, it just being cruel for being cruel's sake.

You are literally making fun of people who lost loved ones in a tragedy that did not need to happen, that is just not right.

I worry about your mental health if you think that is at all acceptable.

I never said the event was funny. I just said it would've been one hell of a troll.

MINDustry said:

I never said the event was funny. I just said it would've been one hell of a troll.

Ah. True, but still it would be in pretty poor taste.

MINDustry said:

MINDustry said:

Wouldn't it be ~~~hilarious~~~ if the game was released on 4/20 instead of May? Now THAT would be grounds for a whole lot of controversy.

Piper Maru said:

What if...Jesus is the Demon Slayer?

What if the Doom Slayer is sent to the past after the game ends, and that explains how the UAC demonologists found his armor encased in a tomb of rock? Anyways, there's some Coldsteel Edgelord fuckery going in this thread.

MINDustry said:

MINDustry said:

The edge is strong with this one.

MINDustry said:

A certain "event" happened on 4/20 years ago

Even his use of quotations is edgy.

victorboris1 said:

What if the Doom Slayer is sent to the past after the game ends, and that explains how the UAC demonologists found his armor encased in a tomb of rock?

It'd be interesting to see a medieval Doom game. But wait, oooh, imagine this leading into a reboot of Quake 1 that sticks closer to Romero's plans of a melee-focused gothic fantasy game... but I guess that'd kind of just be Hexen.

Fuck yeah, that was my first thought. It'd be like Turok, only now you can King Kong a fucking t-rex's head in half.

MINDustry said:

You mean the birth of the most infamous man in history? I know what you meant, 4/20 just seems to be full of bad times, huh? It was Adolph Hitler's birthday. Maybe they should have released Wolfenstein 3D on that date.