Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MrDeAD1313

Someone's playing Doom on Xbox already

Don't know how to post the link from my phone, but go to the Xbox store and there's a clip titled "blame it on gamestop". It's nothing we didn't see yet though. Just him blasting demons on the mars surface. Wonder how exactly he got it. Obviously from gamestop but still.. hmmm...

The Civ said:

Care to actually post a link or something at some point?
Don't have an XBox.

Sorry I'll try soon. I found it on the actual Xbox live store through the console which is why I didn't link to begin with.

Huh, interesting.
I have absolutely no clue how this guy could have a copy of the game already, and if he does, why he isn't leaking anything else.
You sure it's not the same exact footage from the stream?

The Civ said:

Huh, interesting.
I have absolutely no clue how this guy could have a copy of the game already, and if he does, why he isn't leaking anything else.
You sure it's not the same exact footage from the stream?

Well to my knowledge you can't upload any kind of clip to a game page unless you actually are running the game. I believe it links it to the games online hub when you save a gameplay clip while in game. Gimme a bit and I'll look at his gamertag. May be able to find it through his clips or something.

Generally gamestop gets the inventory only 72 to 48 hours before release date. Sometimes not even that. Would be highly unusual that they'd have it this early for a retail store front.

Now, it could have been nabbed from disc manufacturer, digital key print, or distribution warehouse....

Over on Reddit someone posted a photo of him playing the first level of single player campaign.

He claims he doesn't work for GameStop. He pre-ordered it, said he got a "pre-load code" (whatever that means), preloaded it and the game starts up and he can play the campaign.

If this is actually true...well done Microsoft/Bethesda/GameStop/id. Maybe that's the new unique feature of the Xbox One (similar to Dark Souls III): we don't care about release dates. Buy an Xbox One, and you can play the game as soon as it hits our CDN ;)

The Civ said:

Looks legit.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Doom/comments/4gy4bf/confirmed_can_play_doom_singleplayer_now/

There's also a screenshot of the "Blame Gamestop" video in another one of the OP's threads about this oddity.
This is really bizarre. Wonder if Beth/id even know.

It will probably be removed soon. I believe a similar thing happend 1-2 weeks before fallout 4 release. Some people got their keys and could play the game. Videos and sceenshots were leaked and then removed again...

magma86 said:

It will probably be removed soon. I believe a similar thing happend 1-2 weeks before fallout 4 release. Some people got their keys and could play the game. Videos and sceenshots were leaked and then removed again...

I remember that thing with fallout 4 . Someone was streaming the whole thing on twitch .

Linguica said:

The 4th word spoken in Doom 4 is "brutal". Hmmmmmmmmmmm

Ha

And the clip was removed. I checked this morning and was gonna make some kind of a bootleg clip to post for the hell of it but it was gone.

MrDeAD1313 said:

And the clip was removed. I checked this morning and was gonna make some kind of a bootleg clip to post for the hell of it but it was gone.

Shit.