Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DooM_RO

Look what I found!

Did anyone notice if the classic door sound is still being used? It seems they're using entirely new door sounds now, unlike the E3 demo.

But maybe it's still being used for the door type shown above, and I missed it...

When I finally see it in the game I'm going to stare at it for like 5 minutes. Not even joking. Aside from TEKWALL4 and STARGR this is my favorite texture in the game.

ChickenOrBeef said:

Did anyone notice if the classic door sound is still being used? It seems they're using entirely new door sounds now, unlike the E3 demo.

But maybe it's still being used for the door type shown above, and I missed it...

Nope :( no classic door sounds at all. .

Now if only there was STARGR and TEKWALL4 in the game...Man I can totally see STARGR in Lazarus Labs. It feels like that whole level was inspired by that texture.

Still...dat door.

Tetzlaff said:

As soon as I see this door I hear that door sound in my head... sssveeeoooop :)

Huh. For some reason, when I hear it opening, I hear something like "Boom-saaaao" and then "Beeeeeelsh" for closing.

They did say once that if they see/hear a texture/sound in the original games that they like, fits into the world, and know fans will instantly recognize, they'll pick it up, modernize it a little bit, and put it into the game.

That said, they did clarify that they don't plan on remaking everything for old times' sake.

speaking of, anyone else hear the classic switch sound at 4:41?

For you guys that didn't get it, The new doom's door uses the same texture concept as the original doom's doors.

Really happy to see old textures back, relying on those really helps to achieve the feeling of the originals.

Tuaam said:

For you guys that didn't get it, The new doom's door uses the same texture concept as the original doom's doors.

Thanks sherlock.

Xerge said:

Really happy to see old textures back, relying on those really helps to achieve the feeling of the originals.

I am even more happy about that they don't slavishly recretated the old texture 1/1, but recreated it so that it looks recognisable but better. For example the original tech door texture had a lot of detail clutter, this new one looks more balanced and stylish.

MetroidJunkie said:

Huh. For some reason, when I hear it opening, I hear something like "Boom-saaaao" and then "Beeeeeelsh" for closing.

I realised that it is really had to write down something onomatopoeic in a language that isn't my native language :)

MetroidJunkie said:

I realised that it is really had to write down something onomatopoeic in a language that isn't my native language :)

Winged_Warrior said:

Needs more leaked oil

Maybe it could also use a couple of red parts.

Almonds said:

They did say once that if they see/hear a texture/sound in the original games that they like, fits into the world, and know fans will instantly recognize, they'll pick it up, modernize it a little bit, and put it into the game.

That said, they did clarify that they don't plan on remaking everything for old times' sake.

speaking of, anyone else hear the classic switch sound at 4:41?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfEsZcGfTwY?t=4m40s

Is that thing in the middle of the zombie's head suppose to be a hole or an eye?

hardcore_gamer said:

Is that thing in the middle of the zombie's head suppose to be a hole or an eye?

In one of the high-res screenshots released earlier it looks like an eye.

Tetzlaff said:

In one of the high-res screenshots released earlier it looks like an eye.

Creepy looking in a way if it is, I think they should have gone that type of route with the Mancubus's eye.

It reminds me of the Mancubus/Cacodemon, maybe it's a person possessed by the ghosts of said demons. OMG hidden narrative depths for Doom.