Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Deatheye

Why are the new Hellknights...

Let's be honest, the classic imp just doesn't work in 3D. This one doesn't just have nipple spikes, it has fucking nipple cocks! And yes, I'm well aware that its nipples are technically supposed to sit below those spikes.

The new imp is the best version I've ever seen. He looks more legit pissed than most of the other monsters.

GoatLord said:

The new imp is the best version I've ever seen. He looks more legit pissed than most of the other monsters.

Yah plus the new Imp looks like the Classic Imp. If it was recolored, it'd look pretty cool IMHO and also look like the Classic one. :3

Not really like the classic imp; it's much closer to the one from DOOM 64. Smooth, purple-ish skin with spikes only on the back, rather than all over the body? Check. Oblong head with slanted, almond-shaped eyes? Check.

I wouldn't mind seeing an imp with burnt leathery skin, which is how I see the OG imp. The Doom 16 version has this like smooth alien skin, which is cool.

In the beginning i was a bit disappointed that they changed the design of the imps. I really liked the canceled E3 imp. But now i like the new ones too. And the Hellknight is one of my favourite enemies designwise.

GoatLord said:

I wouldn't mind seeing an imp with burnt leathery skin, which is how I see the OG imp. The Doom 16 version has this like smooth alien skin, which is cool.

I also think we need a remake of the Doom 64 Imp. :D

shotfan said:

For Cacodemons I prefer an interpretation that they are prideful to the point of being a bit vain. They do not float too fast, and they release their electric bolts in a casual manner, like if they are putting no effort in it (compare to Nobles, which do a wide swing before they hurl their plasma balls). I like to think that they possess great potential, so if they would focus a bit more they would not belch lightning balls, but thunderstorms (just like the Overlord, the monster from Realm667, does - he kind of looks like elder Cacodemon). I rememeber reading somewhere that Cacodemons and Barons hate each other, to the point of conducting a civil war against each other (was it from a Doom 1 novel?). So I stay with that lore, and consequently I do think of them as stupid, but rather conceited.

Yeah, that was from the first of the original Doom novels, which also had Cacodemons be the ones who put up the Baron corpses in E2M8.

But I like your interpretation of them.

Jaxxoon R said:

Okay.
I found a thing as well, it was this:
http://www.paradisepetshop.net/images/productuploads/shrimpredpistol-vi_64169.jpg
It is fun to share pictures without any explanation.

Don't hold them in a tank too small. The need a large tank, allthough they don't look like they do at first, and peole try to sell them to you regardless of tank size. And don't hold many of them if you don't have a really huge tank and a clearly defined area each of them can claim. Else, you will be back to one in a very short time (but rest assured, the one remaining was the strongest...and to be honest, as fun as monster infighting is in games, it is not needed IRL).

If treated well, they are awesome little buggers!

GoatLord said:

Doom 16's imp is basically that.

Oh! I just realized that! :D Thanks for pointing that out! :D

No wonder why I'm fond of the Doom '16 Imp. :3

tuo said:

Don't hold them in a tank too small. The need a large tank, allthough they don't look like they do at first, and peole try to sell them to you regardless of tank size. And don't hold many of them if you don't have a really huge tank and a clearly defined area each of them can claim. Else, you will be back to one in a very short time (but rest assured, the one remaining was the strongest...and to be honest, as fun as monster infighting is in games, it is not needed IRL).

If treated well, they are awesome little buggers!

I tried to to test their AI making them fight but they just cook themselves!

*DA BUM TSSS*

Splatter said:

Yeah, that was from the first of the original Doom novels, which also had Cacodemons be the ones who put up the Baron corpses in E2M8.

But I like your interpretation of them.

I always thought it was Cyberdemon's doing, him being a sadistic douchebag. But how Cacodemons crucified those Barons if they have no arms? They ordered Pain Elementals to do that? :)

shotfan said:

But how Cacodemons crucified those Barons if they have no arms?

They asked their brethren from Doom 64.

shotfan said:

I always thought it was Cyberdemon's doing, him being a sadistic douchebag. But how Cacodemons crucified those Barons if they have no arms? They ordered Pain Elementals to do that? :)

they are psionic creatures according to the codex, so telepathy to get the imps or more likely unwilling did it i guess, they are like old egyptian slave laborers - used for everything and not just construction. Or they could just use it telekineses and move stone slabs, chains, nails etc

Fun fact. The Doom 2016 hell knights are believe it or not! 3 meters tall!

Proof! Zoom in and look at the Hell knight's height!

And here it is for doom three 

Assuming the Marine is 6 feet (1.8m) tall, the Hell Knight stands about 10 feet (3 meters) tall.

So the thing is Doom slayer is smaller. Or they hunch over in game and move quickly!

hellknight_by_kuroyasviel-dauazow.jpg

Nah. .I think they are pretty fucking big. If they were even bigger they simply wouldn't be able to fit in the medium sized doors/corridors.  

On 1/2/2018 at 8:21 AM, Enforcer said:

Nah. .I think they are pretty fucking big. If they were even bigger they simply wouldn't be able to fit in the medium sized doors/corridors.  

That's what SHE said !!!

They're big enough that they're intimidating but the Baron of Hell is rightfully bigger, it reflects their stature. The Hell Knight always was below the Baron in both games they're seen together (Since Doom 3 lacks Barons and the Hell Knights are the impromptu Barons).