Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mordecai32

Doom: A Sneak Peek at the FINAL Level [SPOILERS]

RobbingSnake said:

Hmm, he fires the super shot gun twice before reloading. I thought there were no mods for it.

That's a mod. It was mentioned in the stream. The Super Shotgun was supposed to have one mod, so I guess that's it.

Nothing new here. It appears to use the level set from the E3 hell level with no new monsters. You have nothing too worry.

RobbingSnake said:

Hmm, he fires the super shot gun twice before reloading. I thought there were no mods for it.

Look in the video description, it's the 'Mastery'-perk for the super shotty :)

Also, I think I saw an Arch-Vile zipping around super fast. Awesome!

RobbingSnake said:

Ha, someone here kinda predicted that from the live-action trailer.

Zemini said:

Nothing new here. It appears to use the level set from the E3 hell level with no new monsters. You have nothing too worry.

Really??? Shit...

ChickenOrBeef said:

That's a mod. It was mentioned in the stream. The Super Shotgun was supposed to have one mod, so I guess that's it.

Yes! i mentioned in that "what SSG mods would you like to see" thread (the title wasnt that, but the thread was mainly that).

https://www.doomworld.com/vb/post/1557066
Ok its not exact, but close.

So glad my wish came true.
(I didnt watch the vid though!)

It's just a few minutes, it doesn't even show a boss. Just some fighting through normal enemies and then he....

Spoiler

gets set on fire or something?

I'm assuming that's not the ending because it would be a terrible one, so I'm guessing the level is meant to continue from there or build up to the final boss fight.

MetroidJunkie said:

It's just a few minutes, it doesn't even show a boss. Just some fighting through normal enemies and then he....

Spoiler

gets set on fire or something?

I'm assuming that's not the ending because it would be a terrible one, so I'm guessing the level is meant to continue from there or build up to the final boss fight.

Yeah, it's actually pretty early in the level, the final boss will have it's own arena.

It's nice to see that there are situations where there are alot of demons on screen all at once rather than 3 or 4 in waves. I want like 10-15 demons all at once!!! Slaughtermaps ahoy

Well, he DID add [SPOILERS] to the thread title... not that I expected him to, but whatever.

I am not blaming mordecai32, he cautiously placed spoiler tags and all... but why is Bethesda spoiling the final level?

What did it spoil? That, in the final level, you'd be blasting through a few demons? That it took place in hell? Not exactly major spoilers.

What's interesting to see is how much ammo you can have in the chainsaw, you initially only had 3, but by the looks of it by the end you'll end up with 7 (I assume after all the upgrades)

MetroidJunkie said:

It's just a game over. You can see "Load from checkpoint" and whatnot in the corner.

watstha said:

Archvile powered up with the speed force? I love it!=D

Let's hope the Doomguy's not from Earth-2.

DooM_RO said:

When do the spoilers start? I just want to see the gameplay.

There isn't any spoilers here to be honest, if you don't count seeing one of the final locations of the game as a spoiler that is.

Reminds me Scorcher base from Rage)) If that was arch-vile then he is still pain in the ass))

Janus3003 said:

It's just a game over. You can see "Load from checkpoint" and whatnot in the corner.

I actually thought about it but wasn't sure because it was like instant death.

MetroidJunkie said:

I actually thought about it but wasn't sure because it was like instant death.

I just looked again, and the player drops from 80 to 36 to death in less than a second. My bet is an arch vile got him.

Janus3003 said:

I just looked again, and the player drops from 80 to 36 to death in less than a second. My bet is an arch vile got him.

It's hard to say. But probably that's right...it seems that fire/lightning wave got him and set on fire....