Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nineball

Dat first line of dialogue.. hot damn

Recommended Posts

Spoiler

They are rage, brutal, without mercy. But you. You will be worse. Rip and tear, until it is done

Share this post


Link to post

Classic Doom:

Spoiler

Righteous hero who helped evacuate Earth's population and tackled hell itself for the betterment of mankind.

Doom 2016:
Spoiler

Raging psychopath who will probably slaughter all of mankind once hell's out of the way.

Is it just me or does the depiction seem a bit twisted? ^_^'

Share this post


Link to post
MetroidJunkie said:

Doom 2016:

Spoiler

Raging psychopath who will probably slaughter all of mankind once hell's out of the way.

Based on the leaks,

Spoiler

I think his wrath is only for demons, and has been for eons. Demons destroyed his world, and he's given them a taste of their own medicine ever since. From what I've read, I can't see him turning on others.

Basically, he's the hero that Mars deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll throw him to Hell. Because he can take it.
Because he's not our hero. He's a silent protagonist. A player representation.
A Doomguy.

Share this post


Link to post

Ah, maybe I misinterpreted. It seemed like

Spoiler

he just had a hatred in general rather than just against the demons. So long as he's on humanity's side, I can dig it.

Share this post


Link to post

The hype is real.

I will fucking rip and tear!

Also I am warming up to what they did with Doomguy. I'm not so impressed with what they are doing with the story however, Dr. Olivia Pierce's lines to be specific. I mean she helps the Doomguy #3 during Ressurection of Evil (Doom 3 expansion) and now we see this weird twisted side of her. Its kind of jarring, I'd rather they used someone else.

Share this post


Link to post

Are you guys talking about the leaked dialogs from the beta? Because I was reading something about a leaked gameplay that some guy from Reddit posted but aparently the video was deleted.

Share this post


Link to post
MetroidJunkie said:

Classic Doom:

Spoiler

Righteous hero who helped evacuate Earth's population and tackled hell itself for the betterment of mankind.

Doom 2016:
Spoiler

Raging psychopath who will probably slaughter all of mankind once hell's out of the way.

Is it just me or does the depiction seem a bit twisted? ^_^'

Spoiler

Doom Comic Doomguy is canon now.

Share this post


Link to post
Ironhound said:

The hype is real.

I will fucking rip and tear!

Also I am warming up to what they did with Doomguy. I'm not so impressed with what they are doing with the story however, Dr. Olivia Pierce's lines to be specific. I mean she helps the Doomguy #3 during Ressurection of Evil (Doom 3 expansion) and now we see this weird twisted side of her. Its kind of jarring, I'd rather they used someone else.


What? I don't get it, what's the connection between Elizabeth and Olivia?

Share this post


Link to post
Xerge said:

What? I don't get it, what's the connection between Elizabeth and Olivia?

They're both women?

Come to think of it, this is now a grand total of three women in the entire mainstream Doom series, and the first one lasted 3 seconds before turning into a Lost Soul in Doom 3. lol

Though Doom 2 RPG did have Kira Morgan (I think that's her name).

Share this post


Link to post

That's it? Because Ironhound was refering to them as the same person or character.

Share this post


Link to post

He is Kratos. Rage and hate, always comes to feast on the souls of the wicked ever his power growing
As he always has as he always will.


I still suspect that he dies and the new bearer of the amor comes along, nameley the original doomguy who accidentaly stumbles upon the praetor armor on the hangar of phobos when it got attacked.

Share this post


Link to post
HellVain said:

He is Kratos. Rage and hate, always comes to feast on the souls of the wicked ever his power growing
As he always has as he always will.


I still suspect that he dies and the new bearer of the amor comes along, nameley the original doomguy who accidentaly stumbles upon the praetor armor on the hangar of phobos when it got attacked.


That doesn't fit with the line "You've returned", does it?

Share this post


Link to post
Xerge said:

That doesn't fit with the line "You've returned", does it?

Unless it's more of a you get the armor but you then get possessed by the soul of the owner of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Xerge said:

That doesn't fit with the line "You've returned", does it?

"youve returned" was meant for the doomslayer, not the doomguy, lets not forget that this is a prequel.

Share this post


Link to post
HellVain said:

lets not forget that this is a prequel.


I couldn't even forget that because I was not really aware of it, I've read so many different interpretations, not sure which is the right one.

Share this post


Link to post
Xerge said:

I couldn't even forget that because I was not really aware of it, I've read so many different interpretations, not sure which is the right one.

I always thought it was a sequel, hence stuff like "you've returned".

Share this post


Link to post

What if the whole Demon Slayer thing is a kind of reboot of Doom 3's Martian warrior who rose up against the demon horde and used the soul cube to end the invasion (As told through tablets and PDA/Video logs). I know it's reaching, but it seems familiar somehow.

Share this post


Link to post
The Civ said:

Pretty sure this game takes place after DOOM 64, hence the reason you're sealed away in hell.


That's right, the marine in Doom 64 chose to stay in hell. D64 is one of my favorite Doom games. But I wonder if thats really it though, outside of the community, I wonder if Doom 64 has been acknowledged by the developers? It seems like a really obscure title. So much so to include in Doom 2016 background story.

Share this post


Link to post
Piper Maru said:

That's right, the marine in Doom 64 chose to stay in hell. D64 is one of my favorite Doom games. But I wonder if thats really it though, outside of the community, I wonder if Doom 64 has been acknowledged by the developers? It seems like a really obscure title. So much so to include in Doom 2016 background story.


Eh I wouldn't put it past id to include a nod to Doom 64 and perhaps make a full-blown sequel...

I personally think they are resurrecting the old Doomguy and now he's back again to clear out what's happened again. Hence Doom all-over-again. :)

Share this post


Link to post

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
×