Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

neat. any demos for these? I'm not an expert at this stuff, but I liked the BK grab in m2 :)

Ribbiks said:

any demos for these?

https://www.doomworld.com/vb/attachment.php?postid=1599515

hb_jc01_kd-lol - I got pretty confused that I got both tricks so quickly and the result was... glorious
hb_jc02_kd - very sloppy first exit, had to go for the health bonuses otherwise the avj would kill me, heh

@franckFRAG
I get how to get out of the first room in map03 but have no idea how to get the yellow key - isn't there a missing line action by any chance?

Also, no void glide in a tricks-oriented WAD made for JCD? :P

Last but not least - happy birthday, JCD!

EDIT: Haha, thanks, AD_79. So obvious now, I have no idea why I didn't think of that.

So now I should post a demo for map03 too, I guess :P It's included in the original download link.

EDIT 2: Accidentally included a wrong demo for map01 in the update. Corrected now.

You can grab the yellow key in MAP03 through the door.

Cute little maps by the way : >

Heh, didn't know about the other exit in map02. And I wondered why the need for the platform with medikits for an Archvile jump when you can just glide outside the same way you glided in :)

I played the map a few more times after my first exit and in this try before I could even reach for the mouse to start the wiggle dance an instant glide happened. Pretty fun stuff.

Demo download: https://www.doomworld.com/vb/attachment.php?postid=1599757

Keyboard_Doomer said:

https://www.doomworld.com/vb/attachment.php?postid=1599515
Also, no void glide in a tricks-oriented WAD made for JCD? :P

I thought I'd make a map04 with a void glide, but I didn't have inspiration anymore. :P Otherwise, there is a void glide trick in a map of Swift Death, but nobody seems to have discovered this x).

JCD said:

my map02 max desync because of updated map :/
Now, I need more maps Franck !

Map02 desynchronizes because I replaced the revenant by a chaingunner, the revenant couldn't open the door in chocolate-doom or Doom2.exe.

So, I like this concept of puzzle map by tricks :) maybe I'll give them some new one soon.

franckFRAG said:

Otherwise, there is a void glide trick in a map of Swift Death, but nobody seems to have discovered this x).

Whoa, is there? I know about the void glide in map09 for a long time but that one can't be used to exit the level as far as I know.

Oh, I didn't know that it's possible to do a void glide in map09, but, the void glide about which I have talked allows to exit another level :)

Tiny bump here; I realize that I forgot to state that I played and very much enjoyed this! I recorded FDA's for each map but they all ended in pathetic deaths, though I understood what to do. Failed prolly 20 times at the AV->rocket jump in MAP02 before finally resigning to watching Keyboard_Doomer's FDA for the level. Never managed to grab the yellow key in the final map; do you need the rev to hit you right before contact with the wall?

Kudos on this map set, it's cool to see the tricks of Doom incorporated into puzzles.

Fonze said:

Never managed to grab the yellow key in the final map; do you need the rev to hit you right before contact with the wall?

No, the supposed way is to push against the nearby lamp for a speed-up. Watch the correct technique in Doom 2 UV-Speed record or simply in JCD's demo. It's also possible to grab it with just SR50 but that needs to be very precise.

Oh, and when I wrote "first exit" I meant first successful exit after I knew the map, not an actual FDA.

Ah I must've misread that, appreciate the clairification.

I saw JCD's demo but I didn't realize that's what he did (watched it on my phone with its tiny screen, heh. Yeah I SR-50'd my way into that wall for a couple minutes after finally getting fed up with dying and killing the rev, but kept failing. Though it makes sense now that I think about using the nearby "thing" (lamp) for a speed boost. Funny how the answer always seems obvious in retrospect.

Anyway, I'd like to see some more of these at some point :)