Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ChickenOrBeef

Predict The Metacritic Score

CheeseOnTheMoon said:

This has to be satire.

It was a negative review. I'm just as baffled by that statement as you are.

r_init: getpostnumberforname: post not found!

Edited by Justince

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/doom seems to have settled at 85.

Prophets:
No one!

Near-prophets (1 off):
Me!! (84)
tuo (84)

Bretty gud (2 off, or close but wasn't man enough to pick a number):
* wheresthebeef (87)
* chubz ("85-88")
* Moon Marin ("hoping for 85+")
* Glaice ("80-85/Very Positive.")
* Cyanosis ("Early 80s like 80-84")
* DecemberMan ("80-85")

By also taking in consideration the metascore from the PS4 and XONE versions, that sit at 86 and 88 respectively, I'd say the game fared much better than I expected.

Linguica said:

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/doom seems to have settled at 85.

Prophets:
No one!

Near-prophets (1 off):
Me!! (84)
tuo (84)

Bretty gud (2 off, or close but wasn't man enough to pick a number):
* wheresthebeef (87)
* chubz ("85-88")
* Moon Marin ("hoping for 85+")
* Glaice ("80-85/Very Positive.")
* Cyanosis ("Early 80s like 80-84")
* DecemberMan ("80-85")

It's at 88 today.

I found this user review to be the most amusing.

"Not on the same level as Doom 3 or Resurrection of Evil. This is just a mindless, overly-fast-paced "dude bro" style shooter. If running around and breezing through enemies is your thing, you'll love this garbage. If you liked the survival horror style of things that Doom 3 provided, then you will be extremely let down by this game."

See, I could maybe understand the people disappointed that the multiplayer isn't more like Classic shooters but, if you honest to God expected this to be ANYTHING like Doom 3 outside of graphical designs, then you've clearly been living under a rock.

MetroidJunkie said:

See, I could maybe understand the people disappointed that the multiplayer isn't more like Classic shooters but, if you honest to God expected this to be ANYTHING like Doom 3 outside of graphical designs, then you've clearly been living under a rock.

I was torn on mentioning this guy, but somebody like him doesn't deserve any form of attention

Justince said:

Ah what a fantastical age we live in, where every sweatsack numbnuts gets to voice their ignorance for the benefit of the whole world.

I know. I'm all for opinions, but some of this drivel almost causes physical discomfort.

chubz said:

85-88%

I know almost for a fact that I'll find the game to be at least as enjoyable as those rated 90% and above, though.

Man, I was almost spot-on across all 3 platforms. :-P

Totally forgot about this thread!

Justince said:

Christ, Metacritic. A real gold mine there, take this gem for instance:

Ah what a fantastical age we live in, where every sweatsack numbnuts gets to voice their ignorance for the benefit of the whole world.

That person is clearly an idiot

For some reason anyone who publicly shames this game while simulatenously praising the fuckheap of trash that is Doom 3 I subconsciously discard.

As in, I know I don't even have to keep reading and I go through the remainder of the day forgetting I ever read it in the first place. It's a no thought process. Don't know why it happens.

Almonds said:

For some reason anyone who publicly shames this game while simulatenously praising the fuckheap of trash that is Doom 3 I subconsciously discard.

As in, I know I don't even have to keep reading and I go through the remainder of the day forgetting I ever read it in the first place. It's a no thought process. Don't know why it happens.

someone who talks that much shit about a doom game can't be a fan of the franchise, I have no idea what you're doing here - every time I see one of your posts, it's full of shit and or hate

I just can't take metacritic seriously, I roll my eyes every time somebody cites is as a data point for how good a game is.

At this point I mostly watch reviews from independent YouTube channels, the only gaming journalism site I take even remotely seriously anymore is Giantbomb.

I can't even take user reviews seriously anymore when so many of them have 1 or 2 hours on the game and rate it low because they haven't played long enough to learn how to play it, instead giving up when their hand wasn't held every step of the way like a toddler.

Deatheye said:

every time I see one of your posts, it's full of shit and or hate

whoah, enjoying your anger?

you must be nitpicking really hard, dude. I could go on about how much useless shit you post yourself but I won't because insulting Doom 3 alone is enough to make you angry and imply I'm somehow not a 'true fan' or whatever the hell you say already. Not like it's the first time this happens, so pretty much everyone knows how to avoid your shitfits by now.