Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Giana Sisters always was a kind of bootleg PC Mario. I personally expected something with digging.

So the homage to Giana Sisters lies in the fact that you're ripping off Mario even more directly?

Sodaholic said:

I figure something much smaller in scope with a clear template to start from is a good idea just to get some practice in and finish something for once.

You know what they say, the first step to finishing something is to not finish it and start something else.

to be perfectly frank, if it plays just as or very close to how the original SMB plays, then it's not going to be too terribly exciting, because IMO, it's not a very exciting game. especially if you're playing what touts itself as a carbon copy of the game. the fact it looks more like the Super Mario aesthetic too kind of hammers in the whole "remember this?" thing going on here.

the new power-ups and guns seems like it'd give it more of a unique identity, and if you really want to work on it, there's nothing really stopping you. i'm just not seeing the point at making what looks like a carbon-copy of SMB.

Maybe you could work an actual mining aspect into it, like something akin to Dig Dug meets Mario, that's kind of original.