Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Linguica

TEENS REACT TO: DOOM (1993 ORIGINAL GAME)

kuchitsu said:

I don't dare to watch it. Can some hero please describe it?

They fumble around E1M1 and E1M2 and say "lol this is old" and that's about it.

Old? Yes, but they should understand that they are playing what is perhaps one of the most important games ever made...

Linguica said:

Don't forget the obligatory know-it-all that's not amused. These videos make me uncomfortable, probably cause I'm a million years old and that these kids couldn't possibly have any perspective on gaming of that time. The attention span of the modern gamer is so minuscule that even the new Doom will have little lasting impression on these types.

mistercow said:

This video is bad

but this thread is gonna be way worse

you're not really helping out, son

Use3D said:

The attention span of the modern gamer is so minuscule that even the new Doom will have little lasting impression on these types.

... like the gaming industry has bred the perfect customers. Wasting money for nothing, so that next month they again waste money for nothing.

It wasn't too bad, some of them even found it to be fun. Obviously, they're not going to have a renowned appreciate for the older generation if they're used to the newer stuff but it's not like they hated it. There was maybe that one girl that complained about being confused and another one that just preferred more plot driven games but it could have been so much worse.

I thought the video was funny with the ladies screaming and getting suspensed by what's beyond the doors, and the black guy enjoying the killing.
They were appreciating the game for such an age, saying it's pretty good.

I liked the reactions, reminds me a little of myself when I was first playing the game. (on I'm Too Young Too Die)

@Doomzrules They weren't even comparing it to anything, and they liked it for what it is.

Linguica said:

Welp, that's me .

It hurts to see people play so slowly, even though that's how I first played it. Props to Geneva for her (slight) knowledge of the game.

Pegg said:

Seeing people play with walking speed, Keep it away from me!!

That's how I play. On HMP, no less. But for wads like Alien Vendetta, I have to bump that down to ITYTD.
Granted, I don't use the mouse at all, don't even have a mouse.
Anyway, I'm not a fan of zipping around all over the place, I like to explore a map and take my time, soak in the atmosphere, etc.
I guess that's why I like 3-episode Doom 1 to the stuff that came later. It was more like an action/adventure/horror game. The original 3-episode Heretic is also great. Hexen too, but it sucks to get lost in a hub you already cleared out 100% (except for respawning monsters) just looking for a switch or something you missed.

I'd like to watch it but I am scared. I can hear them saying "how so I look up and down? Call of Duty is better IMHO LOL" even with out seeing video

I actually liked the video. These kids were born way after Doom was made and at the end most of them said things along the lines of "This game was fun despite being old"

The only one that didn't like it admitted she was more into story-based games and not shooters. And yeah they were all impressed by the DOOM trailer but why shouldn't the trailer look impressive to people that aren't fans of the original game?

Nothing to see here move along... these REACT TO, videos will never show anything other than extremely positive or negative views because they are click bait.

For example, 'This Teen Mom Discovered That Her Parrot Had Cancer... What She Did Next Will Shock You!' Facebook headlines will never contain actual data regarding tumors in birds because that won't bring in the views.

These videos are trolling both you and the CoD kiddies for money... everyone loses... ignore them :P

EDIT:

I could make a video called 'FRAT BOYS REACT TO BALLET' and you know the reaction it would get, dosen't mean the Moscow state ballet is going to shut its doors any time soon, the doom community has nothing to fear from this :)

That wasn't so bad, for a reaction video anyway. I mean, they were enjoying themselves atleast. They didn't know anything about the game(save for the girl with the long sleeved black shirt, who seemed to know the basics), but you know, the average person doesn't really care for retro stuff, so I really can't rag on them for that.

Mildly amusing, but I reckon a lot of these videos are like "reality TV" in a way -- kind of staged.

After the crap the guys behind that Youtube channel tried to pull, I think they have bigger things to worry about than what the Doom community thinks of teens reacting to their golden calf.

I'm sorry, did she ask "Should I Like them, should I not like them??" when she finds the first enemies of the game? Everyday we stray further from Gods Light Children...

I love the Doom Community, I really do. But you guys need to get the pessimism stick out of your arses and jump off the high Doom veteran chair.

The Teens who play this are actually focused, reacting with emotion and learning. These are signs of someone investing into the game i.e. interested. A door opens and an Imp is in front of them face-to-face for the first time and they let off a yelp, that is basically re-creating some of the emotions we felt the VERY first time we played Doom. Some of them commenting that they think it's good for an old game and keen to see remakes. Some who find secrets let off a big smile and some who discuss the game "It's like a big Maze with Monsters" is sort of the perfect first impression comment on the game itself. Due to exposure of modern graphics, mouselook games and Doom's fading horror effectiveness the impressions are definitely reduced but still holds similar reactions regardless.

I was expecting a cringe worthy video but this was quite interesting to watch. While you may see judgemental kids (seriously, they aren't) playing Doom like amateurs I actually familiarize in the learning process and enjoy their out-loud thinking. Even their faces when the first intermission appeared got an interesting reaction.

I'd do a seppuku move right now if I could. That's how bad this video is.

this was actually a surprisingly entertaining video to watch. yes, there's some groaner moments there, like "are these guys my friends" when they're clearly shooting her or "it's an exit? that's where i need to go?", but as a whole, they seemed surprisingly engaged in playing what is this ancient artifact of gaming to them, and seeing them get so giddy over getting a shotgun, a gun i've found at least a million times at this point, it shows they were at least a little interested in the game. i mean yeah, they think the new Doom looks totally more wicked awesome, but still. and it's not like they aren't that far off my age-range either, from what i can tell.

i was actually fairly enjoying this video. it's not bad.