Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Marcaek

[TSPG] The Sentinel's Playground - Free Server Hosting

THE SENTINEL'S PLAYGROUND

NODES:

TSPG-Painkiller (New York) [irc.zandronum.com/6667 channel #tspg-painkiller]

TSPG-British Steel (London) [irc.zandronum.com/6667 channel #tspg-britsteel]

TSPG-Starbreaker (Tokyo, Japan) [irc.zandronum.com/6667 channel #tspg-starbreaker]

The Sentinel's Playground is an automatic remote hosting service designed to allow anyone at all to host Zandronum servers with no cost and no hassle.
Currently managed via a command line on IRC in the TSPG irc channels, we hope to soon have a web based interface for even more ease of use.

Once your server is set up using the commands listed on the website (or listed by typing .commands into either of the channels above) the bot will PM you
your password to remotely control your server anytime from anywhere!

If you're new to IRC, I recommend downloading HexChat

Here's a handy guide for adjusting your server's settings

Well that was quick: the websites are currently being consoldated which means very soon you should only need to upload files to one site to use on both clusters.

If you have any trouble let us know!

UPDATE: British Steel has had some issues related to the merge ironed out and should now be fine for everyone interested. We have also added TSPG-Starbreaker, a new node in japan catering to players in east\southeast asia. You can host on Starbreaker via the #tspg-starbreaker IRC channel at irc.zandronum.com.

Given the location of the new node, it has come to our attention that we'll need to work on translating TSPG's sites and interface for non-english users and would appreciate some help in this regard. Please PM myself or MiFU on the Zandronum forums if you want to help out.

Excellent to see a JP cluster, finally will allow me to enjoy some DM with our brothers in the east!

Yeah, the Starbreaker node has a US flag despite being in Japan, and the host won't update it for us yet :/

I can't seem to get a server started, even after following the instructions. Mind posting them in order just so I can see if I'm doing it wrong?

Also, it keeps telling me I already registered, but it fails to identify me.

DMGUYDZ64 said:

^ I Guess it has something to do with #bestever going down too .

Ignorant member indeed. It has nothing to do with #bestever going down and everything to do with enderkevin's incompetence.

Make sure to scan the word "Guess" very well next time before releasing your "Judgemental crap" .

Hi guys, sorry for the bump but it seems this thread has missed some updates related to our Server Cluster and i figured I post an update!

First we got more staff in which i forgot to mention. meleemario, metabee and kingdumb have all become full fledged admins in our cluster.

We no longer have starbreaker and britsteel anymore (i'll bug marcaek to update that)

Last thing is, we now got a patreon! Some people wanted to donate but couldn't as they had issues with paypal, so this should fix it! The patreon link is https://www.patreon.com/tspg

Feel free to check it out and have fun out there!