Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest MIND

12 days seems like an eternity. What are you most excited about?

Guest MIND

12 days seems like an eternity to wait for this thing.

I'm WAY to excited. I can't remember the last time I waited for something this badly. The game is sure to be a classic.

Many sleepless night sketching out maps, deathmatching with my clan members, and pure death and destruction await.

I don't want to get too hyped over it because hype kills I'll still get hyped anyways :P, but i am quite looking forward to snapmap, I also really can't wait to 100% this game four times over, it really looks like a game that I can get sucked into with all the collectibles and such

Waiting for Singleplayer, SnapMap, and rest of Multiplayer maps and modes (especially freezetag) .

1# Singleplay
2# Play every level of Multiplayer and most interesting Snapmap levels
3# Snapmap!

For most people it's just Singleplayer and Snapmap, but I have 3 reasons to get excited!

Everything, but especially SP and Snapmap. Specifically, when I'm done Singleplayer I want to look for slaughtermaps and classic style DM in Snapmap. For the main MP part, I'm looking forward to more Warpath and Clan Arena.

I don't get excited anymore honestly, I just wait till games come out, I check um out and if they're good I get hyped while playing. Might just be a me thing I dunno. If I had to pick a feature it would be snap map.

More than anything I'm excited about immersion. A lot of frankly boring looking shooters have come and gone during the last eight years of Doom's development and now it's nearly upon us. Yeah, I'm excited about combat, level design, art direction, modding, etc., but none of that matters if the sense of immersion isn't there.

GoatLord said:

More than anything I'm excited about immersion. A lot of frankly boring looking shooters have come and gone during the last eight years of Doom's development and now it's nearly upon us. Yeah, I'm excited about combat, level design, art direction, modding, etc., but none of that matters if the sense of immersion isn't there.

Last couple of games that really immersed me were Halo: Combat Evolved, Metroid Prime, Halo 3, Halo: Reach (the ending made me cry, not going to lie... Noble 6 sacrificed himself for Reach... a brave soldier he was indeed.), Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Doom 64, Majora's Mask 3D, and of course...

Wait for it...

Mario 3D World! :D

Oh and I really hope the new Doom is immersive... if it isn't... well that's not good. It should be immersive. Part of the charm of Doom is the immersion and sense of mystery it gives you.

It tells its story through its environment not through cutscenes like today's triple A shooters.

I'm never going to forget the chills that went down my spine when I took in the atmosphere of Phobos and I saw the mountains off in the distance with all the fog...

Only moment that made me drop my jaw like that was Halo: Combat Evolved and Halo 4 (when you see Requiem.)

Though I'm getting a PS4, so Xbox One can go die in a fire for all I care.... PS4 is where it's at for Doom anyway. Halo is dead to me... Halo 5 was terrible... worst story in the franchise and it was so bad it turned me away from playing Halo ever again.

Plus the multiplayer IMHO sucks compared to Halo 3 and Halo 2.

Anyway, that little Halo rant aside; I'm excited to see what they've done to the Multiplayer since the Closed and Open Beta! :D

GoatLord said:

I think being able to turn off the glows for intractable objects, waypoints, and the like will make it seem at least somewhat better to me. Though I guess I sort of am looking forward more to see how it plays out overall (the streams so far of the game only provide so much info).

DoomzRules said:

Plus the multiplayer IMHO sucks compared to Halo 3 and Halo 2.

Anyway, that little Halo rant aside; I'm excited to see what they've done to the Multiplayer since the Closed and Open Beta! :D

As a general with over 5000 games (in H3) I'v to disagree, I think Halo 5 is the first decent Halo Mp game since 3, all others were casual crap. I agree about th campaign though, It blows my mind that it came out like that, they did so good for the H4 campaign.

I wonder if the glowing and highlighting effects would be less jarring if they seemed to exist as a lower-resolution overlay, so that there's distinction between the "real" world and the implied augmented layers being rendered by the visor.

Almonds said:

ODST>>>>>>>>>>cold toast>>>5

I count ODST as a Halo 3 Expansion pack.

DoomzRules said:

Ps4 is where it's at for Doom

You might not want to say that here

Also I'm excited about the soundtrack (funnily enough there is a QnA with Mick Gordon about the soundtrack)

BluePineapple72 said:

You might not want to say that here

Also I'm excited about the soundtrack (funnily enough there is a QnA with Mick Gordon about the soundtrack if only there was a thread for that somewhere...)

Are you doing that or does a mod like you?

BluePineapple72 said:

I was just trying to bring attention to the QnA so we could get some info from Mick, my bad

na no bad here man, I was just wondering. The mods here do some funny and unusual things at times.

MrGlide said:

na no bad here man, I was just wondering. The mods here do some funny and unusual things at times.

Ah ok, I was a bit worried there, I thought i was about to get roasted like that one dude over at doom general right now :P

I want new Doom for EVERYTHING, but good multiplayer is something I always prefer more than anything else.

other than campaign, i look forward to seeing classic BFG9000 mod and Doomlive (similar to Quakelive)

BluePineapple72 said:

Also I'm excited about the soundtrack (funnily enough there is a QnA with Mick Gordon about the soundtrack)

This game could be total dog shit but it will have mick gordon backing it up so it will be worth something

Mick Gordon's soundtrack has grown on me. At first I'm like, "It's not metal!" But then I realized it's a beautiful tribute to all previous id games....

:)

waiting for megawad of this new doom, so when i'll finish the Sp i have other Sp missions to handle

Im excited about the game in general. Pretty sure that there is content which haven't seen the light of day: Co-op campaign, secret levels, MP content and so on.

Pro-tip: stop thinking about Doom and 12 days will pass before you know.