Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest MIND

12 days seems like an eternity. What are you most excited about?

I'll also take some time off for the release (good thing to be self employed)

Then again, I won't play that much, I'll basically just datamine the ressources 24/7 ;)

To be honest, i wanted to open a topic like this, too. It must be years since i was so curious about a game. Is it just me or getting the days longer as closer the release is? But since i have enough other tasks, work, hobbys the last 12 days will go by, too.

Dont get me wrong, i dont expect the best game in history. I just hope for a nice FPS that lacks all the modern shit. I am so tired of solving brainles sidequests for generic NPCs and runing after a marker like a dog to a bone.

AnonimVio said:

I'm excited about the massive shitstorm of bad reviews that will fall on Doom.

I still think Doom will receive positive reviews IF(!!!) the gameplay stays fresh over the whole game. That is something we cannot determin yet. But if it does, gaming media might praise it to try something new (by getting inspired by something old).

Big week of work the week Doom comes out, tests, assignments studying all that shit. That period of assignments and tests ends on Friday/the day Doom comes out so I'm most excited about coming home after a week of hard work to sit down and experience the new Doom. It's my reward for putting up with school ahaha

Will the game run on my pc?
I have AMD Athon II X3 450 Processore running at 3.20 GHz,
8 GB of ram, 64 bit Win 7, AMD Radeon HD 7800 series with 2 GB of video ram.
I am worried.

olekopyto said:

Will the game run on my pc?
I have AMD Athon II X3 450 Processore running at 3.20 GHz,
8 GB of ram, 64 bit Win 7, AMD Radeon HD 7800 series with 2 GB of video ram.
I am worried.

You're probably right to be, you are just below the minimum specs, depending on exactly which GPU you have. Your GPU is slightly weaker than the listed minimum AMD chip. Min specs list a HD 7870.

AwesomeO-789 said:

Big week of work the week Doom comes out, tests, assignments studying all that shit. That period of assignments and tests ends on Friday/the day Doom comes out so I'm most excited about coming home after a week of hard work to sit down and experience the new Doom. It's my reward for putting up with school ahaha

Exact same thing here, man =D Doom will be my much deserved reward.

Nothing beyond the fact it's coming out. I just wanna play the single player campaign and see if it sucks or not... I'll probably end up playing it in a couple more years, since my rig can't handle anything new. I already played Doom 3 five years late.

Guest MIND
Otus said:

Dont get me wrong, i dont expect the best game in history.

I do. At least of the 21st century. The best FPS.

It's not like I can afford, or even run the game on my computer, so I'm mostly excited about the possibility of someone porting all of the new stuff to classic Doom :p

I'm mostly excited about curb stomping, blasting off limbs, raining shrapnel, smashing faces into retinal scanners, yelling at my monitor "WHERE THE FUCK IS THE RED KEY", humping walls and finding secrets.

Y'know, Doom stuff.

I'm mostly excited for the single-player campaign. I want to house it, and then try my hand at the snap map.

But what I'm really mostly excited for, are the user-made editing tools that will allow us to mod the game further. Will it ever happen? I hope so.

Just being able to play it I suppose. It's been 12 years since the last Doom game, not counting RoE and BFG. Can't wait to fire up singleplayer and mow down a few demons.

I can't remember the last time I was so obsessed with a game so yeah, even 10 days seems like a lot.

Just got my tracking info for my HTC Vive.
Please be enough to overcome the days until Doom!!!

I am very much looking forward to the single player campaign.

DMGUYDZ64 said:

Can't wait to see community separated

Who the fuck cares about community?

Honestly I don't. Give me more maps and guns.

AnonimVio said:

Who the fuck cares about community?

Honestly I don't. Give me more maps and guns.

But who do you pew pew with those guns on those maps, if not the community?

tuo said:

I'd rather not have more guns via dlc unless they are rather unique and stand out in some way.

tuo said:

I wouldn't call some random guys I play matches with a "Community".

There will be barely anyone playing Multiplayer and those who will play are most probably going to buy DLC too.

Man I can't believe its only 11 days away (10 days tomorrow), I still remember seeing this and going "HOLY SHIT THIS LOOKS AWESOME DUDE," now the game will finally be out after seeing that teaser for the first time

BluePineapple72 said:

Man I can't believe its only 11 days away (10 days tomorrow)

And only 1 day 10 days from now!