Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MINDDomakr

UT4 Map Maker

I really want to make maps/levels for UT4 but don't have any know how. The map maker is extremely difficult to use. Even more so then the ones for the original Doom's I'd imagine.

If anybody knows how to make maps message me.

they've tutorials in the editor, and there is a forum that would love to help you with that, on the Unreal website.

If you really want to make maps for UT4, use UnrealEd. Using any kind of in-game "level editor" will not provide what you actually need and I guarantee you will have to use UnrealEd at some point anyway.

If you need advice, I use UnrealEd regularly. Ask away.

Fisk said:

If you really want to make maps for UT4, use UnrealEd. Using any kind of in-game "level editor" will not provide what you actually need and I guarantee you will have to use UnrealEd at some point anyway.

If you need advice, I use UnrealEd regularly. Ask away.

I'd like a link to download UnrealEd. Maybe you can help me start out. Do you have Steam or Skype and a mic?

EDIT: I was misled by your distinction between "engine editor" and "map editor". Both of the things being referred to here are UnrealEd. Judging by the way you worded your posts, I assumed the system in place was similar to those old UDK "world generator" demos that would let you spawn meshes to make maps.

I guess add me on Steam. I'm Diema.