Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
movies2090

Help me find the version of doom I played years ago

Getting the itch to play some old doom before doom 4 comes out. A few years ago I replayed 1-2 . I'm 99 percent sure I used jdoom to play it. I don't remember downloading anything extra to play it and it had updated graphics. The one I downloaded and played yesterday either had slightly better graphics than original or it had 3d models. That made the game look really nice but I didn't not like the 3d models. The version I used a few years ago had a much cleaner sharper look to it but without the 3d models. I'm trying to find that version . Again I don't remember downloading anything else other than jdoom last time but the game looked great back then and with the enemy models not in 3d so they retained there original look. I scoured the internet looking for hours for this but am lost. I tried mod after mod to,no avail. I'm not sure what I should be looking for. I'm hoping an expert in here can help me locate what I'm after so I can play the game like I did a few years ago .

So again I'm looking for essentially doom 1-2 with clean updated graphics without 3d models that was played through jdoom

No offense, but your post is kind of hard to read. Also, what do you mean by updated and clean graphics? Do you mean high res textures with a scaler that smooths the pixels?

jDoom/Doomsday has changed a lot over the past few years. It's possible that you might not be able to get the same configuration you had before.

You might of used Doomsday 1.8.6 which is my favorite because it has more powerful glowmaps (liquid flats cast stronger colored lighting).

Danfun64 said:

No offense, but your post is kind of hard to read. Also, what do you mean by updated and clean graphics? Do you mean high res textures with a scaler that smooths the pixels?

jDoom/Doomsday has changed a lot over the past few years. It's possible that you might not be able to get the same configuration you had before.

No offense taken. I'm having a hard time trying to describe what I'm looking for.

That might be what I'm looking for. Hard to describe it. It kept the same art style but just looked nicer. Not as pixelated. Like the new 3d models just don't look like the monsters of old

Since you're not after the 3D models it honestly sounds like GZDoom may suit your needs!

Doomkid said:

Since you're not after the 3D models it honestly sounds like GZDoom may suit your needs!

Hear Hear!