Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RegurgitatedCacoGibs

Depths of DOOM Trilogy Question

Recently, I re-bought The Depths of DOOM trilogy (I only bought it for the comic book. However, when I received the games, the comic book wasn't in there. Bummer.). When I received the games, they were in CD-R cases, and they look different compared to the other DoD trilogy pressings that I've seen. I posted a picture of the discs below.

Hopefully, these aren't bootlegs.

No, that looks right for Depths of Doom. However, it was the id Anthology that came with the Doom comic, which is a bit harder to find, iirc. This compilation also included many more games.

Use3D said:

No, that looks right for Depths of Doom. However, it was the id Anthology that came with the Doom comic, which is a bit harder to find, iirc. This compilation also included many more games.

Thank you for the information, dude. I was worried for a second that I got jipped, haha. I was a bit skeptical at first because of the packaging the games came in.

Did the seller specify that the original packaging/comic/manuals weren't there? If not, that's pretty damn dodgy on their part.

The games didn't come with the instruction manual, or anything else (bought them used from Amazon), just a white CD-R slip-in case encased in a yellow envelope along with the order receipt.

The cds look legit, but I wouldn't know...

The packaging looks like the stuff creepypastas are made of xD

not having the manual with the box seems a bit disappointing, especially if you paid a good sum of money for it. i think my copy is about the same as hobomaster's, with a few dents here and there but nothing major.

i should probably go get myself the Id Anthology box at some point if i can find it at a good price. what exactly was in the set again?