Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Graphic_Delusions

Lost Souls attack = kamikaze

I haven't seen anyone mention this, but I noticed during the Gamespot stream that the Lost Souls explode upon impact, i.e. like a kamikaze maneuver.

You notice (shown in the screen capture below) the Lost Soul charging whilst the player was attaching a mod to his heavy machine gun. His health, upon impact, goes down from 141 to 116 (damage 25).

This is a certainly a different approach to their attacks in comparison to the original Doom I/II and Doom 3 Lost Souls. Could be more challenging if you get several of them charging towards you at the same time.

So they are fireballs...

I've always thought the lost souls in the originals should explode on impact. I love this change.

I like it. I generally find Lost Souls to be a pain in the neck in most levels. This makes them more dangerous, fun to fight, and keeps the room from getting crowded by them.
It also looks like they have less health now, assuming that one the player kills wasn't already hurt. I've always thought Lost Souls in classic Doom have too much health.

It doesn't seem like too much thanks to the overcharged health but then you realize that just one of these little bastards takes away what would normally be a quarter of your health without armor covering you. In areas with multiple Lost Souls that'd easily make them a priority to kill, because these things must be the kamikaze cousins of the Doom 64 versions.

Chickensoup101 said:

New Lost Souls be like.... " ALLAHU AKBAR!!! "

And now I need to make a Doom mod where Lost Souls scream "I KILL YOU!"

I think this will make them a lot less annoying, if potentially more dangerous in groups. Also the bursting into flame and attack animation is cool :)

Thanks for the warning, I'll keep that in mind when I first encounter them.

Oh, and you should've informed us about potential spoilers. ;)

So that would mean a Pain Elemental is redundant too the cacodemon. Probably the reason why we haven't seen a Pain Elemental yet; there isn't one.

Good change, I like it. I wonder if the blue ones have some kind of variant attack, or maybe do more damage?

Clonehunter said:

Good change, I like it. I wonder if the blue ones have some kind of variant attack, or maybe do more damage?

when they're blue it just means they haven't spotted the player yet.

Zemini said:

So that would mean a Pain Elemental is redundant too the cacodemon. Probably the reason why we haven't seen a Pain Elemental yet; there isn't one.

I don't know, have they shown how good of tracking the lost souls have when they are in 'hit you with their body' mode (because then they would be less of a fireball and more of a mini homing rocket)?

UAC scientist: Shhh...you hear that? Thats the sound of-

Lost soul: Alahu akbar!!!!!

UAC scientist: what the fu-

*Boom*

It would be funny if there was one Lost Soul that wore like a turban or something and shouts ALLAHU AKBAR! and SILENCE I KEEL YOU INFIDEL!

XDD

DoomzRules said:

It would be funny if there was one Lost Soul that wore like a turban or something and shouts ALLAHU AKBAR! and SILENCE I KEEL YOU INFIDEL!

XDD

fuck off

DoomzRules said:

XDD

Shadow Warrior 1997 is more your speed

Almonds said:

fuck off

What's the matter? Did I offend you or something? Sheesh, lighten up. I'm half-Arab and half-White, you don't see me bitchin' everytime someone makes a PLANE joke or whatever.

Besides, I'm making fun of radical Islamic fundamentalists. Unless by chance, you are a radical Islamic fundamentalist?

@mistercow

Yup. I <3 Shadow Warrior 1997. A dark sense of humor coupled with political incorrectness.... right up my ally. :)

DoomzRules said:

XDD

I rate it 9/11.

It would be cool to add a Pain Elemental (assuming there isn't one), it would be like what Revenants are to Hell Knights in a way, they could simply release the souls in their 'blue flame' state.

EDIT: Also you guys can probably stop with all the allah jokes and shit now, we get it.

DoomzRules said:

Besides, I'm making fun of radical Islamic fundamentalists. Unless by chance, you are a radical Islamic fundamentalist?

Dear god ....

DoomzRules said:

There I corrected it for you! XD

Ya know i wrote that because .... No offense but ... you always talk about yourself in your posts like you are some VIP .

DoomzRules said:

What's the matter? Did I offend you or something? Sheesh, lighten up. I'm half-Arab and half-White, you don't see me bitchin' everytime someone makes a PLANE joke or whatever.

@mistercow

Yup. I <3 Shadow Warrior 1997. A dark sense of humor coupled with political incorrectness.... right up my ally. :)

You jerk.

You know, even though as a Muslim I understand the joke but it gets grating as it's oft-repeated like beating a dead horse. Replace it with aloha snackbar.

ZeroTheEro said:

You jerk.

You know, even though as a Muslim I understand the joke but it gets grating as it's oft-repeated like beating a dead horse. Replace it with aloha snackbar.

Stop with the religious talk before this thread goes bad. Just a suggestion.

I find it disappointing that the lost souls explode upon hitting you. I never asked for flying barrels.

And it also might be used in large numbers due to the fact that they are short lived.

'kay.

Well. I do hope the Lost Souls would be fragile in return - so a single shotgun blast can destroy them.