Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RobbingSnake

The Little Things Thread

chubz said:

Imagine if eye-ripping a Cacodemon resulted in it blindly flying around in pain/panic, spitting plasma balls everywhere until it eventually died. It'd especially be cool if it inadvertently hit and killed a few friendlies before succumbing! LOL

I kind of want It to go on a Pacman chase and then eventually bleed out and die.

Just realized that the game has disappearing bodies, I was watching the SP preview and a Mancubus' corpse just disappeared almost instantly after being killed.

Ledillman said:

Just realized that the game has disappearing bodies, I was watching the SP preview and a Mancubus' corpse just disappeared almost instantly after being killed.

It seems the burn out thing on corpses looks quicker than before. I wonder if there is a way to slow it down some.

Every time someone complains about the disappearing corpses, Marty Strattin shortens the delay.

Chickensoup101 said:

Barons can shoot green fireballs in Singleplayer, but they can't on Multiplayer. I wonder why?

I also noticed that the Single Player Glory Kill is different than the MP Glory Kill on the Barons. In SP you rip off his horn and bash him with it and in the MP you jump on him and throat punch him. I really hope that the throat punch GK is in the SP :). looks so cool

Glory kill is based on where you target him. There are several - if not dozens - of glory kills for each monster.

Zemini said:

Glory kill is based on where you target him. There are several - if not dozens - of glory kills for each monster.

Yes that is the case, however, if you notice in SP, enemies get staggered when their health gets low and enter a 'fatality' state. While in MP all enemies are still moving around when health is low (because stagger states would not work in MP) which means the enemy's body position when Glory killable will be different than the SP staggered state, causing different animations. For instance, all of the large enemy types (Hell Knight, Mancubus, Baron, etc) fall to their knees when staggered/stunned, this means that the GK animations for these monsters will likely be less because you can't easily look at their leg/arm/torso/etc. youre basically staring at their head or back.

Hopefully not all weapons cause the enemies to go in 'fatality' mode. I'd like it if rapid fire weapons causes a much less stagger state than heavy weapons so that we can see a higher level GK variations...make sense?

Tritnew said:

I kind of want It to go on a Pacman chase and then eventually bleed out and die.

You just inspired a thought. A little Cacodemon Pacman game made by Snapmap!

Other Marines try to chase you, like the Ghosts and when you get something related to the power pellet, then eventually they'll turn Into blue colored marines and you get to chomp them up.

If you get caught by the Marines, they'll glory kill you by pulling your eyeball out.

Sound good?

The beginning of the Hell level shown a week back looks like E3M1's hell keep, with the large open area and the small gate. The new hell shows a open area with a downwards tunnel.

BluePineapple72 said:

Cacman! Or Pacodemon!

Concept sketch:

My oldest son, who happens to be a huge fan of both Pacman and cacodemons, was reading over my shoulder while I was lurking here earlier tonight, and insisted I do this.

RobbingSnake said:

In the Weapon Montage you can see the Cacodemon get hit with rockets (Doesn't close eye), you can see the other one get hit in the lower body (doesn't close eye). Then it gets hi in the eye with the Super shotgun, where it cries out in pain and closes it's eye. (It's around the 50 second mark)

Yeah, exactly. The Cacodemon closes its eye when in a pain state. Pain states don't trigger 100% of the time, otherwise they could never hurt you (stunlocking cacos was never very hard however).

the Doom Marine has scars all over his hand and body, which I think it's a nod to his history of incessantly rampaging throughout Hell.

MIDIocrites said:

Concept sketch:

http://i.imgur.com/WjDRKfy.png

My oldest son, who happens to be a huge fan of both Pacman and cacodemons, was reading over my shoulder while I was lurking here earlier tonight, and insisted I do this.

You should repost that in the creative works forum, they'll love it

I think it's weird that all the possessed workers have a giant hole in their head. It makes it look like something bored into his head

Jaxxoon R said:

I think that they're turning into cacodemons/mancubi or something.

They could be turning into a new monster, in the Sp stream they said there would be new enemies.

MIDIocrites said:

Concept sketch:

Holy crap, that's killer dude.

I was just thinking, when Doom gets released everyone and their dog would want to discuss their opinions on it.

Perhaps an administrator or moderator create a pinned thread for everyone to submit their amateur reviews.

I could do that if people wanted it.

It'd stop 5000 threads all basically saying the same thing, too. I'll put it up on like, Thursday.

MIDIocrites said:

Concept sketch:

If fucking possible, I would love see someone making Pacman Doom by via Snapmap! XD

Chickensoup101 said:

If fucking possible, I would love see someone making Pacman Doom by via Snapmap! XD

I thought that idea was gold the moment I read it. If nobody else takes and runs with it, I might try my own hand at it. Since it looks like we're not going to be able to manipulate prefab geometry at all in SnapMap (which, honestly, really surprises me), I hope we at least see some cool, outside-the-box creations.

That there's proper ammo pickups in place of the more generic gigantic Q3 inspired metal boxes.

MIDIocrites said:

I thought that idea was gold the moment I read it. If nobody else takes and runs with it, I might try my own hand at it. Since it looks like we're not going to be able to manipulate prefab geometry at all in SnapMap (which, honestly, really surprises me), I hope we at least see some cool, outside-the-box creations.

I sort of wonder if there is any way they can add functionality into SnapMap via the free updates. Maybe to where we can change how the walls look (some selection of alternate wall or wall decorations for that room), or at least being able add other entryways to the room in question (mainly since SnapMap reminds me of the mapmaker in Future Perfect, but that one was a little more flexible on the entry way placement on most of the things with a blue line (in the map view) signifying where another prefab could be placed).