Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RobbingSnake

The Little Things Thread

RobbingSnake said:

I think that it's a nice detail that you can blind the Cacodemons.

you can't blind cacos. They just close their eyes when theyre in pain like in the classic games.

HellVain said:

you can't blind cacos. They just close their eyes when theyre in pain like in the classic games.

Yeah, I love little details like those.

LittleBurger said:

I like that the Mancubus knows how to jump.

Mancubuses don't skip leg day. we need to learn from them.

HellVain said:

In the Weapon Montage you can see the Cacodemon get hit with rockets (Doesn't close eye), you can see the other one get hit in the lower body (doesn't close eye). Then it gets hi in the eye with the Super shotgun, where it cries out in pain and closes it's eye. (It's around the 50 second mark)

There's no cross hair for the Heavy Assault Rifle.

Edit: Never mind. It was actually small and faint and my blind eyes couldn't see it.

There's a lot of variety and verticality to the environments in addition to the maps looking HUGE, very exciting.

I'm really looking for someone to test my latest Build of my 9 map Wad: https://www.doomworld.com/vb/wads-mods/74477-operation-uac-brutal-doom-wad/

I know it must limit interest when it strictly requires Zandronum and Brutal Doom v20B but I promise it is worth your time. I would love to submit this to the archive before Doom 2016's release. It's chapter 1 of what I'm considering a 2 chapter series.

Ever feel like there was no wad appropriate for or justifies Brutal Doom? Well, other than the unpolished Starter Pack - then check this out. The maps don't over stay their welcome, have lots of details, various fun scripts and good use of all Brutal Doom features. I need to know if there are any technical issues and clipping issues that I can't see on my end. Again - Needs Zandronum, the newer the version the better.

*Edit* Woops, haha I didn't realize it was restricted to Doom 2016, my bad.

Although Snapmap does offer the fundamental easy-to-create triggers I still have a concern that maps and their scenarios can become overexposed and repetitive due to its simplicity and limitations. I'm more interested in great singleplayer scenarios over new multiplayer game modes.

^ What it has to do with little things in new Doom?

I really like the new weapons design.

The emphasis on the combat areas being "skateparks" is pretty dang cool to me, because probably the thing I loved the most about the beta was moving through the levels. Just having more of that, mixing it with combat from varied enemies, and I think this will be some of the most fun I'll have with a game in a while.

The hilarious quotes from the UAC PA. It's exactly the right kind of humor for this game.

Cacos loosing their arms when you shoot them.

Beeing able to dismember the Revenant (like by shooting his knees so his legs break off)

The fact that Doomguy is so pissed, he basically punches everything he sees (even the floating robot that gives you weapon mods).

tuo said:

The fact that Doomguy is so pissed, he basically punches everything he sees (even the floating robot that gives you weapon mods).

Never saw this before...

Jellyman1303 said:

Never saw this before...

It's in the singleplayer stream, when they explain weapon mods. Doomguy basically punches everything.

tuo said:

It's in the singleplayer stream, when they explain weapon mods. Doomguy basically punches everything.

Yeah haha, except for some console buttons. Then he does the subtle finger tap.

One would think, fluff wise, that the weapon mod bots would give him additional items if he didn't break them every use. Dispenser breaking and all that.

Chezza said:

Yeah haha, except for some console buttons. Then he does the subtle finger tap.

One would think, fluff wise, that the weapon mod bots would give him additional items if he didn't break them every use. Dispenser breaking and all that.

First Single Player DLC: The Anger Management Class!

I like how Doomguy's fists have returned only for the berserk.
I don't like how the berserk lasts only a minute or 2, thus going back to guns again.

I like that Doomguy Is literally an pissed marine, he reminds me of The DOOM Comic's representation of Doomguy.

Voros said:

I like how Doomguy's fists have returned only for the berserk.
I don't like how the berserk lasts only a minute or 2, thus going back to guns again.

Glory kill them after the 60 secs are over, easy .

Xerge said:

Sadly there are only little details I don't like so far.

Here is one I like: the revenant jetpack malfunction death animation.

Chickensoup101 said:

Barons can shoot green fireballs in Singleplayer, but they can't on Multiplayer. I wonder why?

Gameplay balancing

MetroidJunkie said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RouR8DOH_Yk#t=40s

Ripping its eye out isn't blinding it?

Imagine if eye-ripping a Cacodemon resulted in it blindly flying around in pain/panic, spitting plasma balls everywhere until it eventually died. It'd especially be cool if it inadvertently hit and killed a few friendlies before succumbing! LOL