Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Walter confetti

New map (Techubus) - on /idgames

A map i made in these days,download it!

Port: limit-removing (complevel 2), vanilla works but the section in the main open area goes full HOM in the sky

Build time: 3 days, more than less. And Slade3 unexpectedly crashing in the process.

Music: A Doom Odyssey D_E1M1

Graphics: Yes, from the usual cc4 texture pack, already sets in the main wad.

Difficulty settings: Yes

As usual any feedback is appreciated...

EDIT: Added another tyson map i made long time ago and put together with this map...

Sorry to sound pedantic, but...

What, 5 hours and nobody even look at this?

sorry for double post too.

Looks nice, I'll try it out later.

Wasn't there a wad with a similar name that was posted a few days ago by some schizo guy? Mancubus grinding?

indeed. this one has no inherent fiction-carnalizing purposes and qualities tho.

i'm just waiting for Name's new masterpiece, which shall contain chaingunners and be more game-like.

Eh, actually the name of this map comes from that thing!

Or from a way i was mocking about it in the original post...

If you have a better title just wrote it!

Changed the title from "mancubus transumation" to "Techubus" (a mix with tech and mancubus), this title is better?

Lol, I made some mistakes and suddenly the map became very intense. Kinda fun. Here is a FDA. I guess the secret teleporter is just for looking? Interesting idea.

Oh, i think to understand what secret are you guys missing (expect for the teleport), anyway fixed the map a little making the way for the first secret less criptic, plus addded few things in the brovine \ brown1 teleport room and make the secret teleport room linked as secret, link is the same.

kuchitsu said:

I guess the secret teleporter is just for looking?

Yeah, you guessed right! Thanks for the demos guys, they're pretty fun! I liked the way Benjogami glided that mancubus near the end of the demo, plus why aren't you did the same strategy you used the first time you played the map in your FDA...

If you don't found any other problem, i'll think i will upload this to /idgames

walter confalonieri said:

I liked the way Benjogami glided that mancubus near the end of the demo, plus why aren't you did the same strategy you used the first time you played the map in your FDA...

Oh, I was just messing around, not trying to seriously defeat him like I was the first time. I was amazed by how few of my punches were hitting him, even though I was mashed right up next to him, so I was trying to figure out what was going on. My conclusion is that mancubii are hard to punch because they're really fat.

It was a fun map, visuals were very doom 2esk, I dug the slanted window in the cyberdemon room. It was fun tysoning around. Not to hard, not to easy. I was wondering why I had so much shotgun ammo but once I got to that room I understood better.

Here's an FDA. http://www.mediafire.com/download/k62i7399jo6ja52/dai_rdwpa_fda.lmp

Don't laugh at how much of a pussy I am with the cyber -- I would have regretted it massively if it managed to be capable of firing a rocket over that ledge. :D

I enjoyed it. Pretty easygoing berserk practice but with a cyber in the map too. It had one of your trademark "chaingunner spam" setups, but more variety elsewhere, which is good.

I ended up IDMUS-ing to something else mostly because the music is quite loud.

Got around to playing it. Tysoning early on was pretty fun, and the way you handed out weapons was conservative but just enough. I got absolutely destroyed by the cyberdemon multiple times. I was a bit confused by the archvile that I never got to fight, and the blue armor at the end of the map that I never got to use except with the two imps at the end. I'm probably confused by this since I missed all the secrets :/

Overall, it's a fun and frantic little map.

EDIT: Turns out the archvile didn't teleport to the main area in my first playthrough, although it did in the second.

Thanks for the feedback, tomorrow i'll check out the rdwpa demo and fixing the stuff Gothic Box found out...

Anyway for secrets

Spoiler

check the places with a different light effect in unusual places, another one is being activated when you get to the BA room

First exit in 8:58, 2/3 secrets and 100% kills. I kept thinking that the archvile that teleports as soon as it sees you was going to appear sooner. Also, I didn't know what the teleporter secret near the blue armor was supposed to do.

All in all, nice map, I think it was a bit on the easy side - probably a bit too much rocket ammo I think.

fixed from the bugs you guys found, link is the same!
I'll upload it to the archives too, but before if you found any problems on text or wad tell me!

I also have in mind to join this map with another berserk map i made ages ago, but i need to fix my slade editor or at least find another way to add (or merge, in this case) graphics...

Managed somehow how to join 2 maps without using Slade, fixed the textures from both maps and put as "hidden some lines that i forgot make hidden (like the secret teleport box) and uploaded to the archives...

EDIT: this thing is on the archives, DL on OP